Forums are back in action! ×

Beginning of Rebirth

Hello all,

So I'm not necessarily a new member of this site.  I actually already have over 100 posts, but I am really just looking for a fresh start.  I have lacked consistency in all areas of my life.  I have taken several months off from the site, and from working towards goals.  I am just overall very disappointed in myself and need a new start paired with continued accountability.  I figured the forums here would be great for that.  So you may think it is weird to introduce myself again, but I don’t.  It is mainly just symbolic of starting fresh.  

I am currently taking a year off from veterinary school.  I had some major issues with depression while in school, actually ending up in the hospital several times.  I decided to take some time off to help get my life back on track.  So far I have not been happy with how I have done.  Complete lack of consistency in all I do, complete lack of dedication/discipline.  I have always been rather tough on myself, but lately it has been very bad.  I get so frustrated with my self sabotaging behavior that it spirals me down into what I can best describe as periods of self loathing.  

I am trying not to garner pity in any way, just to tell things as honestly as I can.  I need to learn some self care or self love or whatever you may call it.  I just need to be nicer to myself.  I truly feel that working consistently on my goals (not necessarily even achieving them) will also help with this.  

I have actually already lost ten pounds and have put a post in the woot room.  That means I have approximately 20 pounds yet to go.  Some of my other goals are as follows:

-quit smoking

-practice guitar

-train for and run my first 10k

-clean and organize home every day

-goal binder work every day

-Wake earlier every day

-Drink five cups of water daily (Starting there and will increase)

-train my dog

etc.  

Its lots of goals, I know.  But I am a very, very goal oriented person and I am very ambitious.  Lately I have been doing much better on my running consistency, which I take as a good sign for all of my other goals.  I have stuck with the same program and not missed a workout for two weeks, which is outstanding for me.  Very excited.

Anyway, thats all I have for now.  I just want to say thank you for your encouragement and accountability.  Its so nice to have a solid community where we can all come to build each other up instead of tear each other down as the world so often seems to do.  Thanks for reading!

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee

Nothing wrong with wanting a fresh start! It's great that you're back at it with full force. You sound very emotionally intelligent and it's good that you know yourself well enough to assess what's gone wrong in the past - being nice to yourself can be very hard to do without feeling like you're making excuses for yourself, but it is possible. I've always been EXTREMELY hard on myself about EVERYTHING, but I have noticed that since getting fitter/healthier, it's gotten a little easier. Relief will come, with time. Congratulations to you for having the courage to start fresh. 

Dropping by to drop some encouragement and say that I hope the goals are going well!

How's the training for the 10K going? I'm about to restart 5K training this week using the Zombies, Run!  5K app - can't wait!

SkullHands - Level 0 Shape-Shifter

[sTR 0] [DEX 0] [sTA 0] [CON 0] [WIS 0] [CHA 0]

FitBit Profile | Zombies, Run! | Epic Quest: TBC

First Challenge: Shape-shifting 101

Accountibilibuddies: The First Timers