Forums are back in action! ×

20 Year Reunion!!! AHHHHH!!!

Ok so I just found out that my 20 Year Highschool reunion is slated for October!  The crunch starts now!  I need to look good in whatever little number I want to wear.  So going to do my best to stay paleo as much as possible (sometimes I find it hard with two little kids running around) and gym time with the Recruit Workout. Pushing as hard as I can at the gym without passing out.  I don't think I have much to lose, currently 128lb (but only 4'11") but I soooo want to tone up and loose the muffin top.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks or advice on my journey to  KICKASS?

I know you want to get into shape fairly quickly, but if you haven't been active, don't try to go from 0 to 5 or 6 workouts a week.  Build up.  For days you can't make it to the gym - you'll find a number of workouts on the Nerd Fitness resource page that can be done at home with virtually no equipment (Angry birds or Beginner's body weight).  You can start out with several walks a week, and after a couple of weeks add two strength training sessions/week, then work up to three.

To lose the muffin top, you need to lose fat.  While exercise is helpful for that, the key is to eat fewer calories.  You can track what you're eating on MyFitnessPal or other online trackers.

Have fun!

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit