Forums are back in action! ×

Just a quick intro

Hi

I'm LG and I live in Scotland...and I really need to get healthy

I had a bit of a wake up call recently because of a milestone birthday and a conversation with a friend  who is in the process of dealing with the likely loss of her mother to cancer.  If that doesn't get you thinking about what's important in life...nothing does.  It also got me thinking about what I'm exposing myself to with my lifestyle...diabetes, various types of cancer, heart disease are all things that I know you are more susceptible to if you're over weight.

So time for change.

So...I've created a blog to keep myself accountable...the theory being that if I put it out on the internet there is no escape.

I've also created a list of weekly challenges for myself to work towards a healthier lifestyle.  First one, eat breakfast...something that previously I would hardly ever do...and when I did it was generally a Sunday and it was far from healthy.

In coming weeks I'll be cutting down on processed foods and ready meals and starting exercising.

I have a plan...I just need to stick to it...which I know is going to be the difficult bit.

I can't wait to sit down and go through more of the posts here to get inspiration for how to deal with the challenges of my new path.

So much for this being a quick intro...oops.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi

LG

We've got more than a few Scots here, so you're in good company.  You're absolutely right - some of the biggest things you can do for your health is lose weight, eat clean, and get active.  Drop me a message if there is anything I can do to get you rolling. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit