Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys. I've spent quite some time lurking here and never bothering to post for some reason. So here I am.

I've recently decided again for about the umpteenth time to hop back on the fitness bandwagon that I was on as a kid. Like most of us, I have tried and tried and never quite succeeded. If it wasn't for my best mate flat out telling me that I'm too lazy the other day I think i probably would have continued just lurking, soaking up info and never doing anything with it. So here I am wanting to make him eat his words.

A little info about myself. I'm 26, about 5'8, 75 kilos, skinny fat, and as mentioned before kinda lazy. I have a fairly active job that has some massive lulls occasionally. When I was younger, I played AFL (Aussie footy for those not in the know) for 10 years and was quite fit for being the skinny bugger that I was. That's not quite how I want to be now though. I want some strength about me as well as the ability to run all day.

Still, little steps. From here on out, I plan to start the BBWW on MWF for a month or so and get used to actually exercising again. I also need to drop my coke habit (the drink not the drug :P) of 3 or 4 cans at work to 1 at lunch and see where I go from there. I don't even like take away food so that is easy for me to just kick in the pants and never have again. Going to start eating paleoish as soon as i get paid on Tuesday and have the money to buy good stuff.  For now, I'll just eat what i have cause being poor sucks >.<

Anyway, to the nerdy stuff, I'm an ex WoW addict >.< and current re-addict (is there a word for that??) to my original mmo Tibia. If you know it, don't judge... I love any game with violence and mayhem probably because it is the complete opposite of who I actually am as a person.

Anyhoo, I plan to start a battle log when i get cranking on my workouts. So if anyone is keen to follow me on there and keep kicking me when I'm lazy, that'd be muchly appreciated thanks.

Here's to making my best friend wrong!

Cheers.

Despite being called the "beginner's" body weight workout, it can be quite tough.  If you haven't been active don't be afraid to cut back a little on the workout to get rolling - and do your stretches.  If you're pretty stiff, you can do a short walk on your off days to unkink things.

I think that using up what you have in the house is a good way to ease into paleo.  As the non-paleo things run out, you replace them with the good stuff. 

Good luck.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks!

Well I can do a full circuit of the workout but I feel like jelly afterwards. Probably a good thing though. Also I have a Labrador puppy and a 5 year old bitza so the walk isn't hard to get into. They hear the word walk and they're at the door tails wagging. My real best friends <3

As for the paleo thing I haven't really done my own shopping for a long time. My mates old man has done the majority of it and he is at the age now where he feels he doesnt need to change so why should we. So from pay day on i do my own.