Forums are back in action! ×

Xbox one or PS4?

I'll go with the PS4 for sure, i've been very happy with my PS3 experience and their exclusives have been great. The "free" games on PSN+ has kept me busy playing great games at a very low cost and it seems anytime i need something new to play i can find something in the "instant game collection" that i want to beat. I'll probably get the platinum trophy for Saints Row: The Third tonight and that means moving on to another game (i haven't finished Assassins Creed III, started it but was underwhelmed).

I'm a bit of a binge gamer, sometimes i'll never turn the thing on for a month or two and then i'll play pretty much every night (and way to late) for a couple of weeks/months.

I will not however buy at launch, i have more than enough PS3 games to keep me busy until the PS4 drops somewhat in price.

I'm another who will wait out a price drop.  I have a huge backlog of pc, ps3, ps2 and psp games (note: this includes games I want to play but haven't purchased yet) that could likely keep me busy for this entire coming console generation.  Leaning towards the PS4 though, partially out of a mistrust on how Microsoft will handle their console, but mostly because I've been happy with the PS+ service and expect it to be comparable on the PS4.

Realistically I might make the purchase around when the PS4 $300 and the games I want to play on it (at least 3-4 need to exist) are $20-30 or already obtained via PS+.  So that means probably a minimum of 2 years after launch, possibly longer.

I am leaning XBOX One because I'm actually really interested in the interface, but I won't be an early adopter. I'll wait a year and see if one stands above the other. I have so many games I still want to play on my 360 that it'll take me quite a bit to run out and really want the new games.

I've never had an X-Box before. I was considering an X-Box 360, but then thought I'd get the next one, the "720" as it was called at some stage, which we know officially know as X-Box One.

I heard about the X-Box One at E3 then I saw the X-Box One presentation at PAX AUS 2013 and I wasn't impressed. I think I will skip it.

I have pre-ordered a PS4, because I've had a PS2 and PS3. I was originally a Nintendo only fanboy, but now I cross between Nintendo, Sony and my PC. I'm getting a PS4 because to put it simply, I like the sound of it.

I'll go with the PS4 for sure, i've been very happy with my PS3 experience and their exclusives have been great. The "free" games on PSN+ has kept me busy playing great games at a very low cost and it seems anytime i need something new to play i can find something in the "instant game collection" that i want to beat. I'll probably get the platinum trophy for Saints Row: The Third tonight and that means moving on to another game (i haven't finished Assassins Creed III, started it but was underwhelmed).

I'm a bit of a binge gamer, sometimes i'll never turn the thing on for a month or two and then i'll play pretty much every night (and way to late) for a couple of weeks/months.

I will not however buy at launch, i have more than enough PS3 games to keep me busy until the PS4 drops somewhat in price.

I'm another who will wait out a price drop.  I have a huge backlog of pc, ps3, ps2 and psp games (note: this includes games I want to play but haven't purchased yet) that could likely keep me busy for this entire coming console generation.  Leaning towards the PS4 though, partially out of a mistrust on how Microsoft will handle their console, but mostly because I've been happy with the PS+ service and expect it to be comparable on the PS4.

Realistically I might make the purchase around when the PS4 $300 and the games I want to play on it (at least 3-4 need to exist) are $20-30 or already obtained via PS+.  So that means probably a minimum of 2 years after launch, possibly longer.

thank you all for your input, it turns out the most sound strategy will be indeed to wait it out and see which games/console will pick the most interest with me :D

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

when they stop making EA Sports College Football for xbox 360 I'll start looking for a replacement.  Honestly the only reason I have that over the ps3 is the ps3 was sold out at every store I went to and gave up after the store I found that had one wouldn't hold it and when I got there I saw them give it to some one.

Zahana

Level 2 Half-Dwarf Adventurer

STR 3 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 2 WIS 2 CHA 1

Andventure Challenge 1

Level 1 Rebel Quest

This is kinda really late and maybe not relevant anymore but for Farcry 3 players who have issues with heavies, I use the fire arrows. It's always been an instant kill. Except maybe on the flame thrower toting variety. I'm not sure about them XD

Now to actually contribute, I'm waiting to see if the xbox one gets any better games for the improved Kinect. If it doesn't, I may go playstation. I may not even get I've of the new consoles till the price drops. I'll likely be driven to get an xbox one though because I love the Halo games. I've played every one of them. The way 4 ended...

°~°

°¬° 

This is kinda really late and maybe not relevant anymore but for Farcry 3 players who have issues with heavies, I use the fire arrows. It's always been an instant kill. Except maybe on the flame thrower toting variety. I'm not sure about them XD

Now to actually contribute, I'm waiting to see if the xbox one gets any better games for the improved Kinect. If it doesn't, I may go playstation. I may not even get I've of the new consoles till the price drops. I'll likely be driven to get an xbox one though because I love the Halo games. I've played every one of them. The way 4 ended...

°~°

no biggie ^^ thanks for the tip i'll definetly try that out in Far Cry next time :D

he, you've actually come to the same conclusion as myself ^^ i'm very curious about that new game: Destiny. Wonder how it'll be ^^ I love the Halo games too :D 4 was good, loved it, the end may have been a bit so so. Didn't you find that the part where MasterChief flies across the space ship avoiding doors ressembles the trench part from star wars? :) just a funny connection i observed :P

- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Hmm, which Star Wars? I should really refresh my memory. The ending was disappointing a tad in a gameplay sense for me. I was just bashing the mess out of everything. I never even stopped moving on my way up to the big guy. Lol if only the grunts were there to call me a demon. The story though, that just made me so sad. I mean, what's Chief without Cortana? That was like Old Yeller to me. I mean geeze.

Also, I may not even get a new console because a friend introduced me to the Oculus Rift. I saw that, the Razer Hydra, and the Razer Tiamat headphones and thought OMFG if this is as good as it could be... So I may just dish out the money on getting that and an awesome PC.

°¬° 

Hmm, which Star Wars? I should really refresh my memory. The ending was disappointing a tad in a gameplay sense for me. I was just bashing the mess out of everything. I never even stopped moving on my way up to the big guy. Lol if only the grunts were there to call me a demon. The story though, that just made me so sad. I mean, what's Chief without Cortana? That was like Old Yeller to me. I mean geeze.

Also, I may not even get a new console because a friend introduced me to the Oculus Rift. I saw that, the Razer Hydra, and the Razer Tiamat headphones and thought OMFG if this is as good as it could be... So I may just dish out the money on getting that and an awesome PC.

euhm was it the 4th one? A last Hope? The one were Luke skywalker flys in the death star's trench and shoots a torpedo down the ventilation chute :P the whole part of flying in the trench with turrets aiming at you reminded me a bit of that scene ^^

yeah the story was though on that part, a sad ending, I felt saddened for Cortana, she's too an important part, they're a team :o

the final boss fight was a bit too easy I though, I had expected a vicious showdown because that dude was one of the thoughest aliens the Master Chief toke on :P still I enjoyed it ^^

oow well i hope you'll have fun with it :D

I have the 360 and the PS3, and I use the 360 much more. But I've been on my PC a lot lately, and really haven't been thrilled with any of the new offerings from PS or MS. So at this point I'm waiting for the Steam console to get out of beta so I can follow up on that.

it'll boil down to what you're most comfortable with in the end then ^^

I'm a pc guy, so no console for me.

I admit it stings though to see for instance the last of us only appear for ps. So if I had to choose between xbox and ps4 I would choose the ps.

i get that ^^ the pc is better for many things but i don't have the money (or space to put it) to buy one soo its console for me :P

I can relate to that cobalt. I'm sitting at this old comp of mine and a lot of games that I can't play at the moment cause of the requirements. 

But hopefully that will change in time.

Either way I find it a bit difficult to spend money on a gaming console, while a computer is multifunctional, not only suited for gaming. 

I've been bashing away at my Xbox One since launch and I love the thing. The voice controls and facial recognition are very cool, much better than I expected them to be.

After the E3 events I was dead set on getting the PS4 but I slowly came around to the Xbox One. I run my Foxtel (australian cable TV) through it and using the snap features and jumping between games and TV is an awesome feature. It's a good family console.

My one complaint, and it's an issue with both consoles, is that the games aren't there in abundance yet. All the good releases are this year with the bulk in Q4.

In all honesty I'll probably get a PS4 at the end of this year as well. Especially when Naughty Dog announces their next game. I still get teary when I think of the end of The Last of Us.

I'm still waiting for one of the consoles to show actual superiority. i had an original xbox, and honestly found it superior to the ps2. Then because I had one already, I got an xbox 360, and was devastatingly disappointed in the end. Now I have a ps3 and really like its interface and functionality. But from what I can see, the two new gen consoles have basically the same features, except that the xbox one has the kinex with it, which is why the price set point is higher. And I'm left wondering whether there is going to be a seperating factor between them.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I have a ps4 since the day one here in Europe, but honestly, right now I play much more on my ps3, because there's not many must-have-games around, I'll look forward to infamous: second son, loved the series before on ps3!

My advice would be, wait to buy on of these consoles, there coming great games for both of them, I can't say which one you should take, but I was always a playstation player and like some mentioned before, the playstation plus is a real advantage, I've got so many great games from these monthly free games, like far cry 3, bioshock infinite, need for speed, and so on...and it costs me only 50$ a year

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some info on a particular feature I'm looking for. Xbox 360 can only play streamed media from a windows media center server, but the play station 3 works with whatever media server software you choose to run. What about these next gen consoles? Is the same still true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some info on a particular feature I'm looking for. Xbox 360 can only play streamed media from a windows media center server, but the play station 3 works with whatever media server software you choose to run. What about these next gen consoles? Is the same still true?

The PS4 will reportedly not have any media streaming ever. Something they didn't want to include this gen to make a more games focused machine. I used my 360 for a LOT of streaming TV shows as the waiting for a new show in Australia is often painfully long.

The Xbox One doesn't have any streaming yet as its lacking the DLNA to stream media from things like Tversity or Plex (I use Vuze), but it will be added sometime soon, or so they say. You can stream media from windows 8.1 with their Play To thing, but being a Mac fanboy I've never used it. There's quite a few workarounds to get DLNA streaming on an Xbox One if you google it but I've just been streaming straight to the TV until Xbox One gets the update.

The PS4 will reportedly not have any media streaming ever. Something they didn't want to include this gen to make a more games focused machine. I used my 360 for a LOT of streaming TV shows as the waiting for a new show in Australia is often painfully long.

The Xbox One doesn't have any streaming yet as its lacking the DLNA to stream media from things like Tversity or Plex (I use Vuze), but it will be added sometime soon, or so they say. You can stream media from windows 8.1 with their Play To thing, but being a Mac fanboy I've never used it. There's quite a few workarounds to get DLNA streaming on an Xbox One if you google it but I've just been streaming straight to the TV until Xbox One gets the update.

Thanks, that's exactly the info I was looking for.

Dwarf Warrior

Suprised this thread is still spawning answers :D your opinion is cherished and i'm still hesitating :/ i'm constantly moving between PS4 and Xbox One but i think that when i look purely at the exclusive games for each console, i'd rather bend towards the xbox one :o i'm still gonna wait it out though :)