Forums are back in action! ×

So, after 2 years reading the blog, I've deciced to get into the forum. 

I'm an internet addict. Last year it brougth me into a "pseudo.depression", so to speak, that made me feel pretty miserable. Not that this depression was medically proven, is just my self perception of that year. Anyways, a few days ago I left an MMORPG, and decided to stop this addiction, to get those hours of sleep lost and, pretty much, give my time to those things that can make me feel complete.

Aaaanyways, past aside, my basic plan, for now, is to get sleep time back, I'm planning to ask for some tips at the forum. Also I'm gonna do some calisthenics through the week, For the next 2 weeks, I'm attempting a soft version of Convict Conditioning, Basically, is this 3 times

15 push-ups

15 weigthed squats (around 20 kilos)

20 leg raises

5 push-ups

20" wall handstand

10" bridge, using my head as support

I think this might be a lot, but the thing is, I think I have a decen level of fitness, so to speak, and I'm able to do this in my current condition. My problem resides on 2 elements: motivation, and selfsteem. The former lays on doing other things, when I have the time to train or do other productive stuff. The latter is not realizing what I'm capable of doing, just because I don't believe that I can do big things. These two are worse to face considering I'm an internet addict, as said before.

I have the mid-term goal of restarting my parkour training and move my diet over the paleo aproach (been reading that diet for 2 years and I've abrely tried it), And that pretty much resumes my fitness goals

My life goals, short term, is to end the college career I'm currently in (Economics), and also become a great bassist so I can push my band to stardom (xD), or at least be famous at the local scene. 

So yeah, I'm 21 years old, 1,68 meters (5.5 feets), 67 kilos (147 pounds), and I'm pretty unhappy with what I have. I want to change it, so I hope I can get all the information (and motivation) that I can from a forum, since I never actually tried a forum for fitness purposes. Thanks for reading.

Hi Rodrigo! Welcome. Sleep is a marvelous thing - something I always think when I sink into bed, and when I need to get up in the morning, and which I forget when I'm doing something fun on my computer in the evening. I find it helps to set an alarm on my phone, set the phone across the room so I have to get up from what I'm doing to turn it off, so I'll go to bed on time.

I'm sure that you know that self-esteem comes from achieving little goals and motivation will follow as well. Set some small achievable goals, even if you think they are too easy, and accomplish them!

And I heartily approve of the econ to rock stardom move. The world needs fewer economists and more good music. Good luck!

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current

Welcome to the NF forums! None of us really think we can do big things, so we do something little, that is a little more than we did before, and those littles add up to a big! Just focus on the littles for now and you will get there. You have a lot of great goals and as long as you aren't too hard on yourself and take small steps you will completly be able to make them all come true!

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Hi Rodrigo!

Here is an article I really like. I think it explains how to keep motivated at things. I like the baby-steps principle : there is several NF articles on this, one I found really good is about Building momentum with Super Mario.

Welcome !

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)