Forums are back in action! ×

Beginner body weight

So yesterday for the first time I completed 3 sets of the beginner body weight workout! It's the 4th time I've tried it and I was so proud to get all the way through. Next stage, get those press ups off the floor rather than off a chair, and add some weight to my squats and rows.

w00t!

Kiki, level 1 Wood elf assassinSTR 1|DEX 3|STA 4|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 4

Grats on completing the BW circuit! :) It's so exhausting (especially at first) but I still can't believe how good it feels to finish one of them (or how much fun I'm having, even though it sounds like a 'boring' workout on paper). 

Also good to hear your partner is getting a bike :D Are you going to cycle together besides the commuting? I find it's a good time to chat some with my husband when we go cycling ^^ 

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

I did find it really exhausting at first BUT I'm already seeing results - I can now do a proper push up off the floor! and I'm finding the rows a bit too comfortable and my partner was completely amazed when I asked if we could get more weight for the dumbells! I'll be doing pull-ups soon :D :D

We actually went for a ride together yesterday, which was lovely. When you go with your husband do you find much time to chat? We found we couldn't hear each other most of the time we were on the bikes, or do you stop part way (i.e. cycle to a destination?) We were thinking of making Sunday bike rides a regular thing, maybe taking a picnic when the weather's nice)

Kiki, level 1 Wood elf assassinSTR 1|DEX 3|STA 4|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 4

We chat while riding our bikes, but it's more of a 'just riding' (low level cardio) than a 'go quick, go fast' thing for us, so the noise isn't too bad. Also, we don't wear helmets (we're Dutch - no one does! Unless you're riding a racing bike, maybe). A lot depends on traffic, though.

We usually also cycle somewhere (the city, or to a place we go running :)) so there's always that, and breaks, for chatting.

Grats on the push-up! :D That's the (amazing) start. I remember how proud and excited I was when I could do my first real one :D

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors