Forums are back in action! ×

Are Dorks Welcomed Amongst Your Kind?

I'm not sure if my smarts would land me in the "Nerd" category but I stumbled upon NerdFitness and felt completely at home. I'm a 25 yo male recently relocated to Chicago from the Northeast.

I have been following NF since I moved here 2 months ago.  I figured, "new city, new job, new healthier life".  I was in dire need of a healthy change in my life.  Lack of activity, diet, and family medical history likely had me on pace for a heart attack at 55 and dying before I hit that ever increasing retirement age.

I have lifted weights since I was 13 off and on and got more into it during high school while on the football team, but never really tried too hard for fear for being judge for struggling through squats and bench press with only the bar.  As I got older I picked up weights and gym memberships here and there, usually only to get bigger before going on vacations.  So I was THAT guy that I've come to hate, the guy at the gym doing ENDLESS amounts of bicep curls (at every conceived angle) and tricep kickbacks. And I never ever gave second thought to the food I was putting in my body, besides "mmm...more"

Anyway, its not where you start, but where you end and how you get there right?!?  So far since I've been in the Midwest I've switched over to a mostly primal diet immediately and have been to the gym 3 days a week for 7 weeks, only missing days for business trips.  I've recently completed level 1 of the barbell strength training and now I'm starting a hybrid of level 2 and SL5x5. Also I found meetup through one of Steve's articles and am on the road to making some new friends.

I thought it was time for me to stop being shy and fully join the NF Community, so HI lol

Gah, I was born to hate you. I'm a New Yorker. So I've been indoctrinated to all things from MA, the people, your clam chowder, lobsters. Which is a shame cause I liked you.

But seriously I lived in NY for 18 years, then moved out to Philly for 7

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Very cool that you have been sticking with it and found some new friends. Have ya thought of trying your hand at the next 6 week challange?

Amazon wanna be Scout

Level 0

STR 0  |  DEX |  STA 0  |  CON 0  |  WIS 0  |  CHA 0
6 week Challenge

First

Start weight 365                                                                      CurrentWeight 353

3%
3%

Goal Weight 195

Very cool that you have been sticking with it and found some new friends. Have ya thought of trying your hand at the next 6 week challange?

Ya know, I really wanted to do this challenge but I couldn't find a way to make non generic, specific goals. Definitely will work on it for next time though.

Gah, I was born to hate you. I'm a New Yorker. So I've been indoctrinated to all things from MA, the people, your clam chowder, lobsters. Which is a shame cause I liked you.

But seriously I lived in NY for 18 years, then moved out to Philly for 7

hahaha. Nine times out of ten when people ask where I'm from I say NH. I don't identify with MA. I'm not a Masshole. I don't have that stupid accent, I don't like clam chowder or lobsters.  So it's all good. I'm not even watching the world series this week.

Archived