Forums are back in action! ×

help, i'm out of mana!

Hey fellow rebels!

Listen, I've been doing pretty good on the last 6 week challenge but I've sort of fallen into a slump the past week.  I'm pretty sure I know why, but for the life of me I can't get off my ass and bust out a decent workout.  It's been since last Friday since I had a workout and I'm not sure if I can push through these last couple weeks.  I should also probably mention that I'm going to Laurier University next Monday for school and I've been helping some of my friends through some rough personal stuff.  Can someone please help me replenish my motivation bar? Pretty please?!?!?

Thanks a bundle,

mikeylol69

PS: I might not be posting in the right place so I apologize in advance (new to forums :/)

Crack the lotus, drop the ritual, and burn god damnit! If the idea of feeling so exhausted you want to vomit or pass out isn't enough to snap you out of it then I don't know what it is.

Tell your friend you have some personal shit of your own and you need an hour without them whining. Helping people through their trying times is noble, but never at the expense of handling the shit that is important to YOU.

Are you feeling like you're too busy? Somewhere, someone FAR busier than you is lifting, right now. Somehow it is possible to have a full time job, a wife and a kid but still find time to lift. Just figure it out.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

ca2e1__enhanced-buzz-7040-1365179982-23.

Here you go, bub. Got you covered. ;)

Is the personal stuff relating to you in any way? It's always nice to help friends, but when that help starts to hinder it might be time to reasess what exactly you're bringing to the equation. It's their personal stuff, not yours. Your personal stuff includes your goals and workouts - find balance and tackle them both. Good luck.

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Sometimes being there to rescue close friends is good, but it's the same basic principle for any type of rescue: if you don't make sure you're safe too (or in this case, have something in the tank reserved for you), you may not be of much help for very long.

Take some time for yourself. You'll be back at your friend's side soon enough (if they even notice), and all the sharper and rested for the effort.

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

What if one of you friends asked you that question? What would you advice them? Somehow it's a lot easier to come up with solutions for someone else rather than for yourself. And I'm pretty sure you would advice to do the workout as you'll probably feel better and more energized after.

Another trick that helps me is to think about tomorrow. Would the tomorrow me rather that I had done my workout today, or would my tomorrow me prefer that I'd hung on the couch doing nothing? My tomorrow me almost invaribly wants me to do the workout. So I do. Some long off future of being strong fast and healthy can't motivate me most of the time. I'm not very weak, slow or unhealthy at the moment, and there's plenty of days between now and some time in the future, so I need something else. And tomorrow me is it ;)

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

“Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial. Also, most importantly, it is combined with a perfectly disciplined will that refuses to give in. It’s a state of mind – you could call it character in action.â€

-Vince Lombardi

Refuse to give in.

Insert witty & pithy saying here.