Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone!

I joined NF a few days ago so thought I would write a quick intro. Now that I’ve come to it, though, I’m not sure what to say! <shuffles feet and scratches head> Erm, maybe a short list of stuff might work…

General stuff

I’m 25, I live in Hong Kong at present; London before that

I’m British, a twin (non identical)

I’m a writer and I also do some freelance HR consulting work

I like helping & encouraging others

I’m a big kid at heart. I love Disneyland.

My favorite animals are tigers

Gaming stuff

My favorite video game is Tomb Raider. I grew up with the early ones and I still play them. I also like Pokemon (don’t laugh – Pikachu kicks butt lol) and Spyro too (remember that little purple dragon?) and also Crash Bandicoot (everyone remembers him…)

Travel stuff

I’ve been to a lot of Europe, the US, Egypt, India, Malysia and China. I’ll be going to Singapore next month to see the F1 Grand Prix. My favorite place in the world is probably the Sahara (big, I know so I’ll just say ALL of it. Sand castle galore!)

Health stuff

I enjoy working out and I also love racket sports

I eat Paleo, but if someone kindly serves me something else I’m not going to get my knickers in a twist

I’ve successfully lost 40lbs in the past. That kind of puts be in ‘refining mode’ I guess now

What annoys me

Drizzle.

My superpower

I can make fruit go ripe?

Favourite Game of Thrones character

Daenerys Targaryen (because, y'know...she's got PET DRAGONS)

Ed - Tyrian Lannister comes a close second for awesomeness. 

Why I joined NF

I joined NF because it seems like a great community. It’s a bit different and I like that. If there’s anything I can do to support / encourage others then I’d love to be able to do that.

So, yeah…I guess that's me ;)

Very best to everyone out there.

Welcome Jay.  Firstly congrats on your 40lbs lost - i hope you never find them again and they remain lost forever in the world between here and nowhere.  I'm a General Manager and HR is a huge component of my job so i know how you feel about helping people. 

We look forward to having you here and to joining you on your journey.  I hope you find your niche in here somewhere.  Let us know when you do :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Welcome Jay.  Firstly congrats on your 40lbs lost - i hope you never find them again and they remain lost forever in the world between here and nowhere.  I'm a General Manager and HR is a huge component of my job so i know how you feel about helping people. 

We look forward to having you here and to joining you on your journey.  I hope you find your niche in here somewhere.  Let us know when you do :)

Hi there - thank you so much for the warm welcome! glad to be here :)