Forums are back in action! ×

A Journey Begins

Hello Internet Strangers,

I've been sticking to the shadows of Nerd Fitness for a while just reading articles and things of the like. Recently, for whatever reason, I decided that I need to get serious about getting healthy and Nerd Fitness seems to be the right place to start.

The past few years I've dabbled in getting healthier. I used to be 20 lbs heavier a year ago. I read Tim Ferris' 4 Hour Body and followed the diet plan to shed the weight. After a while I hit a plateau and have not really improved since then. I still maintain a similar diet to the 4 Hour Body diet, but I'm way more flexible with what I eat because of changes to my schedule/life that I've had in the past 3 to 4 months. They have all been good changes like getting a new job that I love and so on, but still threw me away from my strict diet.

I love sports and used to be a college athlete. Those days are gone but I still enjoy being outside and being physical. I actually recently took up learning/playing ice hockey, because there is nothing I love more than pushing the big boys over.

It might be obvious that my main goal is to look like a super heroine. If it's not that's okay, you did your best and that's all I can ask. My ultimate fitness goal (dream) is to be a billionaire's fortune and the death of my parents as a ten-year-old boy short of being Batman. As a child I dressed-up like Batman almost every Halloween and as a little girl that was a little strange. It all makes sense now that I'm a 27 year-old gay lady, but the point is I've been obsessed with Batman for a very long time.

So I think my Real-Life Role Playing Profession is somewhere between a Warrior and a Ranger. I love the idea of building muscle and becoming stronger. I'd like to mix in martial arts and skills like archery and leaping between buildings. You will never find me signing up for a marathon. Running feels meaningless to me.

That's an intro to me to you Rebels. I'm really excited and I feel like this could be the start to something great.

Thanks if you took the time to read.

Cheers,

Batwoman

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Batman is the best. I hear ya on mixed skills; why just kick someone's ass when you can do it jumping from rooftop to rooftop?

Welcome to the Rebellion! (BTW, what is the 4 Hour Body diet?) 

Right now, I basically have a protein shake in the morning. It consists of banana, plain non-fat yogurt, peanut butter, almond milk, and a couple tablespoons of whey protein. Lunch consists of protein (chicken, pork, beef), vegetable, and beans (usually black beans). Dinners are basically the same as lunch. Then the weekends I usually let myself eat carbs and sugary things.

I'm looking to get stricter on the diet in the future and find something that works at helping me build muscle. For now I am maintaining my weight and working on my 30-day Hard Hat Challenge of walking my dog every day after work. So far, so good.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.