Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

I just found this site today and it looks like a great community.  A little bit about myself.  I'm 38 years old and have two kids - son is 21 and moved out (YAY!!!) and daughter is 17 and a senior in high school (I only have to keep her alive for one more year!)  I'm not really new to fitness but I'm pretty out of shape right now.  I'm a computer programmer and a pretty big nerd (math degree, comic book reader, superhero fan and occasional cosplayer) - hence the appeal of a site called "Nerd Fitness".  Several years ago (late 20s - early 30s) I went from being 220 pounds to 155 pounds by working out (step aerobics and lifting weights) and eating better.  Towards the end I was working out 6 days a week and totally vegan and feeling awesome.  Then a few years ago I sprained my ankle (really bad sprain, took a year to heal) and injurred my shoulder (took 6 months of physical therapy to heal).  In the middle of this, I lost my job, got a new one that was super stressful and was working from the moment I got up to the moment I fell asleep on the couch with my laptop and my husband dragged me to bed).  Then I got my current job, which is awesome but it was a 90 mile commute which I did for 8 months before moving to where I live now.  So with all this craziness and injuries working out and eating right was not a priority and now I'm back where I started.  I started working out again a few weeks ago and I've been able to stick with a 5 days on - 1 day off schedule (which goes cardio/weights, cardio, weights, cardio, cardio/weights, off).  I'm not anywhere near the fitness level I was at before (I'm lifting about half what I was) but I'm already making some good progress.  Starting next week I'm going to really start focusing on getting my diet back under control.  The nice thing is that I've already done this before so I have a pretty good idea of what works for me. 

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Secret Identity: Kristy

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 5.5 | DEX 5.25 | STA 5.5 | CON 8.75 | WIS 7 | CHA 2.5