Forums are back in action! ×

Viking in training

Hello various internet people!

The competitive part of me got the best of me and convinced me to sign up here. I'm no stranger to lifting, but I'm always looking to push harder and get better, which is what I hope to get out of being here.

About 2 years ago I started a new job (I'm a software engineer) at a company that has strong cultural values around being healthy/happy. Part of that meant they would pay (most of) the cost to go to crossfit, since an earlier employee had suggested it. I started reluctantly in November of 2011 and had my ass kicked.

Now I'm a regular at crossfit (5 days a week) and really enjoy lifting heavy, rowing (woo!), and yelling a lot. Since started I've went from a 195# Back squat to #415, 205# Dead lift to 495#, and 150# Bench press to 270#. Despite being a large guy (6'3" and 240#) I'm not too slow either, well, not after a year of crazy heavy weight cardio bullshit. I'm definitely in better shape than my 145# 21 year old self though.

Moving forward I really want to hit my 500# dead lift and get as close to 2x body weight back squat as I can. Generally all around I want to be a badass viking. Well, as much as a 28 year old software engineer in Southern California can be.

(And of course I do the whole Fitocracy thing, since I like levels and seeing large numbers)

[Fitocracy]

Stats:

BS: @415#
DL: @495#
Front squat: @335#
500m Row: @1:22.6
2k Row: @6:59.4
5k run: @26:00