Forums are back in action! ×

Preparing to run off with the Doctor

Hi all! I'm a 41 year old hopeful companion to the Doctor.  Unfortunately, if the TARDIS landed in my backyard today, I wouldn't be much help to him when he is saving the world from the Daleks and Cyberman.  Oh Lord, let's not forget the Silence and the Weeping Angels! *whimper*  So, to prepare for the 50th anniversary coming in November I need to whip this ole body into shape.  

I already eat a 60% paleo diet and work out with my hubby and sons on our Bowflex, but after reading through the Nerd Fitness blog articles I really want to add in some free weights and get busy.  I would also like to be able to run more than 10 feet before I keel over (The Doctor's companions usually do a lot of running). 

I'm ready to get started.  Yay!

WhoGirl

Exactly! I need to start building up my endurance and stamina.  He doesn't want a slow, wimpy middle aged woman as a companion!  I just downloaded the zombie 5k app.  Now I just need to figure out how to get music on my cell phone.  Fortunately, I have two teenage sons, who swear they know everything, they will help me.