Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations

Figured that since I stoned up and joined a challenge and abandoned my lurker status, it would be polite to introduce myself.

Howdy, I am The Reel Godfather, I discovered this little corner of the inter-webs while researching the Paleo diet.

I am just the other side of the big 40, married to my best friend for just over 20 years now, and father to a 4 year old son.

My days are spent playing with computers and talking to people because its a lot easier than working and a lot more fun, mostly!

Two nights a month I serve my fine city as a member of its City Council.  Yep, I am a politician which means I am a cheat and a liar and when I am not kissing babies, I am stealing their lollipops.  Wow, I made it until my 5th line before I quoted a movie.

Most of my hobby time centers around pen and paper RPGs with plenty of board and miniature games for variety.  My favorite vacations besides our too infrequent family beach trips are spent running events at Origins, GenCon and whatever other gaming conventions are nearby. 

I am truly blessed with an amazing life, family and friends but to make the most of those blessings, I need to level up my life!

The numbers on the scale are not so good, some of my blood test numbers are certainly a cause for concern and I often run out of energy before I run out of day!

So here I am a proud member of the rebellion, I vow to fight off the empire of sugar and junk food and fuel my body in a Paleo/Primal manner, pick up heavy things starting with myself and when there is more muscle and less fat, I will find other heavy things to pickup.  Once my battlestation has a bit more power, I will add more levels of education (got a couple of IT certs in mind), run more RPGs than ever, enjoy some quite time with my wife not snoozing in front of the TV, and most of all play with the boy.

Sounds like I have some work to do, catch you guys and gals later!

The Reel Godfather, level 5 Ranger STR 10|DEX 7|STA 12|CON 12|WIS 8|CHA 6 My Respawn story

Thanks for checking in and your kind words.  Before I found people that would pay me to play with computers, I spent almost 20 working in movie theatres.  Projectionist was one of my favorite jobs, especially the part when I got paid to watch movies.  I loved working in the theatre, the perks and excitement were great but the hours could wear on a person.

The Reel Godfather, level 5 Ranger STR 10|DEX 7|STA 12|CON 12|WIS 8|CHA 6 My Respawn story