Forums are back in action! ×

Motivation

I'm just throwing up a few articles for the people doubting why they are on the path. If anyone has anything to add, please do.

The Void by Dave Tate: http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/dave-tate-the-void/

The Iron by Henry Rollins: http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/strength-articles/iron-henry-rollins

Pick it up and Bleed by Chris Shugart: http://www.t-nation.com/powerful-words/pick-it-up-and-bleed

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Thanks. I always love how Rollins says what he says...

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Embrace the Suck by Chris Shugart: http://www.t-nation.com/powerful-words/embrace-the-suck

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

cobaltflash, there is a library of Henry's writings out there. He's been putting pen to paper since he left Black Flag back in the 80s.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

He writes some really great motivation pieces for sure. I like T-Nation's articles as a whole, but the Plazma thing is getting out of hand. Jesus tap-dancing Christ they got Wendler to sell out for it.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Find Your Fight by Nate Miyaki

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

For Moms Who Train and Compete by Amy Wattles

This is for the moms. The testosterone laden motivation is good for any meathead but sometimes we all need something a little closer to home.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Suited Hippy, find your demons and CRUSH them under a pile of iron, blood, and chalk. It's really that simple.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Vision Quest by TC @ T-Nation

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

The Phoenix Theory article really speaks to me. My spark came over Thanksgiving break freshman year, when one of my martial arts students (who I had a crush on) told me that I looked "a little pudgy." She was being kind. After that, I started training my ass off (in all the wrong ways), but it ignited my fitness drive. And now I'm exactly where the article says. I keep pushing myself every workout because I flatly refuse to fail, and I take barbaric pleasure in crushing each new PR (thank God for novice gains; those come regularly these days).

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

A Lion in Iron: How Goals are Distracting Your Game, by Alexander Cortes

Not exactly a motivational piece, but it puts some things in perspective.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

http://www.elitefts.com/education/training/dave-tate-the-void

I was looking for this and couldn't find, somehow I knew you posted it somewhere

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk