Forums are back in action! ×

The Walking Dead/AMC

I'm glad this thread got re-done (The first one died out) and I'm anxious for tonight's episode, I can't wait to see what the Gov's going to do!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I love the walking dead. I last watched S3 finale though... So I'm not sticking around until I'm able to see the rest (Netflix in Canada blows, updates slowly, and doesn't have half the shows the US one has).

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

I never expected to be rooting for the governor...

Last nights episode was one of the best of the series IMO. 

Definitely agree. There was some serious character progression fit into one hour of TV. After it was over, my wife's quote of the night was "I hate myself for not hating him anymore".

LVL 3: Human Assassin

STR: 7.75 | DEX: 5 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4  | CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1, 2

That little girl he saves ends up dying sending him right back into madness.

That would be AWESOME

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

I'm late to the party but does anyone else feel like it's a weird direction to humanize the gov. after he shot his own people, and had the aquarium of zomb heads? I think trying to redeem him makes him less interesting as a villain, and this show doesn't have a whole lot of clear antagonists to spice things up. Thoughts?

I think so. Presenting the man with feelings and compassion for human life... we've seen that before, amiright? Hopefully he doesnt go all Shane on us and "couldn't save" the two sisters, that way he can be with the little girl... But I don't think so as hes found his family in the those people, plus it would be a cheap shot. And you're right, I'm having a hard time seeing who the antagonist for this season actually is.

I'm late to the party but does anyone else feel like it's a weird direction to humanize the gov. after he shot his own people, and had the aquarium of zomb heads? I think trying to redeem him makes him less interesting as a villain, and this show doesn't have a whole lot of clear antagonists to spice things up. Thoughts?

I like the character development. IMO, it makes it more interesting, not less. In reality, almost no one is 100% evil. Everyone thinks they're the good guy or at least on "The Side of Right" most of the time. Rather than Hershel & Co = good; Governor = bad, I like that they're mixing it up.

I like the character development. IMO, it makes it more interesting, not less. In reality, almost no one is 100% evil. Everyone thinks they're the good guy or at least on "The Side of Right" most of the time. Rather than Hershel & Co = good; Governor = bad, I like that they're mixing it up.

True, but don't you think those killer tendencies really go away? I mean the guy is sick in the head, I understand trying to domesticate his zombie daughter but the zombie head aquarium was a little off. He killed people he didn't need to behind closed doors, kept their heads for trophies (a common tendancy of a serial killer), all the while showing a golden smile to the public. Total psychopath and I love it! He's one of my favorite characters, but I doubt his actions came from doing what he believed to be right or fair.

I agree with the realistic parts about everyone having both sides, it'd be nice to see the show actually paint Rick and the group in that light of not the only way to live / not the good guys.

True, but don't you think those killer tendencies really go away? I mean the guy is sick in the head, I understand trying to domesticate his zombie daughter but the zombie head aquarium was a little off. He killed people he didn't need to behind closed doors, kept their heads for trophies (a common tendancy of a serial killer), all the while showing a golden smile to the public. Total psychopath and I love it! He's one of my favorite characters, but I doubt his actions came from doing what he believed to be right or fair.

I don't think we've seen the last of crazy gov. yet. Part two may answer a lot of these questions as well who knows.

Well, you guys have to remember that he was a pretty unstable guy to begin with, after his defeat at the Prison and gunning down his own people, he pretty much was broken, so I think this whole "finding a new family" bit is him trying to rebuild himself, I bet something is going to happen to turn this guy back into the Tyrant we all know and love to hate ^_^

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Alright, time to revive this. Thoughts on the newest episodes? Aaaaaaand...GO!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I wasn't sure if he was just trying to make a point to her or if they were implying he was an angry drunk. I didn't think he'd had enough to be drunk.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Everyone has their breaking point, and we just saw Daryl's, also adding a frustrating girl who wants to do stupid things that'll wind up getting the both of them killed, while poking at his mysterious past, and I think most people would snap somewhere at this point.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler