Forums are back in action! ×

Not sure where to start!!

Hi everyone, 

My name is Kay, I'm 26, and have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. From Jan - Aug of this year I managed to lose about 15 pounds on my own by eating pretty well (but not perfect) and regularly exercising. Unfortunately all that hard work has gone down the drain since I returned to college in Sept. I'm now back to my original weight of 195 *sigh* Seeing the weight come back on has really got me down, so I was happy to find this website. I don't know really where to start, school has left me pretty broke, and I'm not sure about what foods I can take with me to school that don't really need to be refrigerated. Though there's lots of snow on the ground where I am (Toronto, ON) and I've been told I can use the weather to my advantage and leave food out in my car for a bit and it should be ok. Is that weird? lol

So any advice for someone who works part time, and does school full time with a limited budget would be greatly, greatly appreciated. 

Oh and I am also fairly new to cosplay and I want to get my weight back down so I can still fit into my existing costumes when con season starts!! lol

Thanks for reading! 

Kay

Hi Keric!

Welcome to the rebellion! if you have limited time, I suggest the Angry Birds workout (here:http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/03/10/angry-birds-workout-plan/)

It's four simple exercises, which you can split throughout the day. That's what I usually do. Squats and push ups (inclined for me) in the morning, planks and one arm rows in the evening.

As for food, check the nutrition forum here. I,m sure you'll get plenty of suggestions. Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Hey, Keric! The Angry Birds workout is a good one, as is Zombies, Run! I like the zombie app, because you get sucked into the story of being a runner for one of the last outposts of humanity after the zombie plague breaks out. Nothing gets you running like an immersive story!

Also, the Beginner's Body Weight Workout is great, and helps build up some good strength and endurance:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Have fun! And welcome to the Rebellion!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Hello! I agree with the zombie run app! I had a friend that tried it and he enjoyed it a lot!

With the food and the weather you are in, I might go with bags of steamfresh vegetables. They are something like a dollar per bag (some brands are even cheaper I think) and you can pretty much buy to your preference of veggies. I usually go through at least one per day, so if you keep some in your car they should be ok if they are in there for a couple days (I'm from North Dakota, so I've done this on occasion), especially if you don't start your car every day. Also, depending on your living situation, you can use the snow in a different way. In college, whenever I ran out of room in my mini fridge, I'd just put some of my food outside in the snow on the roof since it was easily accessible from my room. Friends of mine have put their stuff in the snow on the fire escapes of apartment buildings, though I'm not sure if there would be a fine involved if a landlord found out about it.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."