Forums are back in action! ×

Traveling Porcupine Report on Duty!

Hello from the snow plain of the Midwestern United States.

I am a 25 years old male of Thai-Chinese heritage.

Usually, that means a tall guy with automatic lean, slim waist that would take forever to fatten up for winter. Well, that's not me.

According to my father, our family came from the hilly, rocky area of China. There, people are developed to be compacted and stout to withstand ever-changing topography and strong wind. They have to store fat for the time without food will be long and stark and the time they have to keep moving through windy terrain.

4 generations later, in the 5' 6" frame, (165 cm) I pack 160 lb (75 kg) of muscles and fat. The wind of Chicago can't even move a strand of my hair. (Imagine-- A corn-fed porcupine on steroid-- that's me!)

When I was 22, I had a strange six pack on top of my belly that jiggles when I walk. That's the closest of a six pack I ever had.

I want to work with what I have to be awesome. I want to be leaner, lighter on my feet, and more confident. 

However, I travel around a lot. It is hard to stick with a routine when I never settle. In a week, I am off to Bangkok. A week after to Varanasi, India. Another two weeks, back to Illinois. Then in four months I will be in Philly, and Taiwan... well, you get the picture.

I let myself try new things and adapt to new customs a little to much that I can't keep a consistency of my own habit. But now I want to try to set some loose ground rules that are applicable to anywhere I go. So far, these are some that help.

- Never have dessert/ alcohol unless you are offered- if so, have less than a serving

- No red meat for lunch unless a meal is shared/ it is left over

- If walking is applicable, walk, walk fast

I read that you are encouraged to travel a lot in Nerd Fitness, so I am excited to get more tips and suggestions.

Best,

Tum

True that. I can look different within 2 months of working out. My weight is consistent at around 160 lb (Highest at 170, lowest at 145), but the ratio between fat and muscles changes throughout time. 

I want to either be 160 lb with all muscle or 140 lb (normal BMI!!)

Let's work together.