Forums are back in action! ×

The Cult of Catspaw

I shall have to come out of the shadows to proclaim, All hail Catspaw!

Half-Elf/Half-Dwarf - If you saw me, you'd understand.

Level 2 Warrior

(and Bard... "I just want to siiiiing!"  :highly_amused: )

STR: 3    DEX: 2    STA: 1    CON: 3    WIS: 1    CHA: 2

"Don't ask for guarantees.  And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library.  

Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore." - Faber, Farenheit 451

I thought of catspaw when I ate this in my bed after working out after my 12 hour night shift

20131226_111357.jpg

it's two steaks... and a sweet potato/banana and egg thing that I baked... needed me some carbs :) and stuff before bed :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

All Hail Catspaw! It was by the wisdom of the Great Catspaw that I was able to make perfect medium rare steaks for the great feast of Christmas night using this technique: http://4505meats.com/the-perfect-steak/

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Good and bad new to report on my Catspaw Cultiness ; Good, grilled some gorgeous New York's Steaks for Christmas eve, and have been noshing on the leftovers for a few days. Bad; I have failed in one of the basic tenants of the cult by neglecting to take photos. I am hoping to improve this flaw before I am kicked out of the cult in disgrace ;) 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Why has the catspaw not bestowed more wisdom upon her legions?  Have we angered the catspaw in some way?  We must eat more steak to get back into your good graces!  Go forth and eat the steakz!

Fear not!  The Catspaw has ventured forth into the northern wilderness to seek further enlightenment from she of the diminutive wings, and Rob, who is also called Susan.  Ere long she shall once again bestow upon us her bountiful wisdom and succor.  

• Like 1
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

It may not be steak... but it's protein-irific.  Does an Egg Monster (tip of the hat to Gainsdalf) please the Catspaw?

• 32 eggs
  • 1 Green Pepper
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • 1 lb of Bacon
  • 1 lb of Grass-fed Hamburger
  • Package of mushrooms
  • Package of Kale, Spinach, Chard
  • 12 servings

I think you just re-defined the "monster" in "Egg Monster".  This is truly epic and I tip my hat to you, sir.

• Like 2

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

And lo the Catspaws wisdom has spread far through the land. In the spirit of it I bring forth this humorous video.

• Like 2

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

i.

just.

can't.

LOL.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I don't know if I'm in. I love the food pron, but IDK. As an Agnostic still in search of a true folllowing, I'll lurk and learn.

It may not be steak... but it's protein-irific.  Does an Egg Monster (tip of the hat to Gainsdalf) please the Catspaw?

• 32 eggs
  • 1 Green Pepper
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • 1 lb of Bacon
  • 1 lb of Grass-fed Hamburger
  • Package of mushrooms
  • Package of Kale, Spinach, Chard
  • 12 servings

x3a0kh.jpg

This is the most monstrous of egg monstrosities that i've seen. Good work sir, I approve.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The one I just made was a bit less monstrous, but it's still delicious.  Love starting out my day with a piece of one of those with some Frank's Red Hot on top.  Yum!

I've gotten away from it, got tired of cooking on Sunday nights. Might get back to it and make it a ritual Sunday mornings to egg monster it up and get a crock pot of chicken and a crock pot of sweet potatoes going for lunches.

Anyone among the cult have a good, easy, fast crock pot chicken breast recipe? I wanna be able to just dump the ingredients in and let it sit for 8 hours. I'm willing to chop up a few veggies if needed. The plan is to make 4-5 lb of chicken for weekly lunches. Minimal carbs, moderate fat.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've gotten away from it, got tired of cooking on Sunday nights. Might get back to it and make it a ritual Sunday mornings to egg monster it up and get a crock pot of chicken and a crock pot of sweet potatoes going for lunches.

Anyone among the cult have a good, easy, fast crock pot chicken breast recipe? I wanna be able to just dump the ingredients in and let it sit for 8 hours. I'm willing to chop up a few veggies if needed. The plan is to make 4-5 lb of chicken for weekly lunches. Minimal carbs, moderate fat.

Bagged veggies, a can of diced tomatoes, spices to taste, chicken breasts 

Let cook on low. Done and done.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

May have to give that a try, how much chicken do you usually do with one can of tomatoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Bagged veggies, a can of diced tomatoes, spices to taste, chicken breasts 

Let cook on low. Done and done.

I was just doing it in marinara sauce, but the marinara was burning to the crock pot along the water line. Need something non-tomatoey as I was getting burnt out on it anyway.

500 / 330 / 625