Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone! My name is Amanda! I am from a big town in Rhode Island. 

I am currently 225 pounds, roughly 80 pounds overweight for my height. Between a neurological condition, going to college and working in a fast food restaurant I have made unhealthy decisions that have led me to where I am.

My biggest struggles are making the right eating decisions and holding myself accountable. I am a chronic justifier, but no longer! 

Today is the second day since I have made the decision to make myself even more awesome. I am particular interested in the Paleo Diet (who doesn't want to be able to eat whenever they want?) and strenth training, so I must be a Ranger!

After poking around on NerdFitness for a couple of days, I am ready to do whatever it takes to get comfortable in my own body. I joined the community because I need help holding myself accountable for the choices I make when eating and exercising.

I am looking forward to this experience!  :peaceful: 

Level 1 Aquatic Elf - Level 2 Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 

My Current Challenge

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act,

the rest is merely tenacity." - Emelia Earheart

Welcome to the Rebellion, Awesome.
I'm the King of Lame and I'll be your welcoming committee today.

First off, as a fellow Rebel (Ranger in work), I am happy to see you step up and try to improve yourself. 
While I'm still pretty new to the site I have to say, I have never found so many supportive and helpful people before. If you need help with anything there is someone on here that would be willing to help, of that I am certain. I'm actually about to head out and hit the gym here in few.

Do you have any goals in mind? Aside from becoming comfortable in your own body, I mean.

Like I tell people, I won't give up on you, so should you need assistance with anything,I'll try to help with what I can.

I look forward to your progress.
The King of Lame.

Cin vhetin. Ca'nara at am, vod!

0.5%
0.5%

Race: Gallifreyan.

Class: Vigilante (Ranger/ Assassin/ Monk)

Current Class: Assassin

Level: 3 Level Per Class: 2/ 1/ 0
STR: 4 DEX: 4
STA: 6 CON: 6
WIS: 4 CHA: 5

Hi Amanda,

I have just started too and have around the same amount of weight to lose (though weight loss is not my specific quest I do hope it will be a byproduct). Are you planning to join in the challenge on Jan 6?

Race: Dwarf
Class: Adventurer (aspiring Ranger) 
Level: 0     Str: 0     Dex:  0     Sta:0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

Welcome to the Rebellion, Awesome.

I'm the King of Lame and I'll be your welcoming committee today.

First off, as a fellow Rebel (Ranger in work), I am happy to see you step up and try to improve yourself. 

While I'm still pretty new to the site I have to say, I have never found so many supportive and helpful people before. If you need help with anything there is someone on here that would be willing to help, of that I am certain. I'm actually about to head out and hit the gym here in few.

Do you have any goals in mind? Aside from becoming comfortable in your own body, I mean.

Like I tell people, I won't give up on you, so should you need assistance with anything,I'll try to help with what I can.

I look forward to your progress.

The King of Lame.

Long-term (over the course of a year or more) I'd like to lose between 60 and 80 pounds."

Short-term (3-6 months) I would like to drink more water over soda/juice, cut out fast food almost entirely, and work out on a minimum of 3-4 days a week. 

Thanks for your support!

My Current Challenge

Hi Amanda,

I have just started too and have around the same amount of weight to lose (though weight loss is not my specific quest I do hope it will be a byproduct). Are you planning to join in the challenge on Jan 6?

Hello! I think I am going to join the challenge on Jan 6th, although I have to do a bit more reading up on it!

My Current Challenge

Definitely join the challenge on the 6th!

I just discovered this site a week or so ago, only just started posting seriously tonight and am so ready for my first challenge. It took a couple of hours of poking around and reading different posts to start to understand what it's all about, thankfully there's still a week left to prep and get ready for it.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33328-challenge-instructions/

This post is where I got the best rundown on what it's about. I started by writing myself an email response to this post, it really helped to get me to clarify what exactly are my goals.

• Like 1

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.