Forums are back in action! ×

Mangostrike's Battle Log

you found the hasselhoff hooked on a feeling!!! after Kerry mentioned it i wanted to watch it but totally forgot.

if you have time cauliflower as rice is awesome!! there is a great chicken curry paleo recipe that i made the other night which has cauliflower rice.

btw video - third one from the top left says special BB code then select media and enter the URL at the bottom

Thanks for the tip on the video and the recipe. We've got some cauliflower that I might need to try this on.

• Like 1

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Stardate 20140226.2139 Hump Day

Middle of the week. Not much going on. Still pulling late hours at work. Was fully geared up to let my boss buy me a free sandwich, but chickened out at the last minute and just had my salad I brought. I guess it was the better choice, but I've really been craving a Sourdough Turkey Avocado Sandwich. Maybe tomorrow...

Managed to get my AM run in, which is getting harder due to DOMS. I can already feel this challenge being harder than my first, but I guess as you grow so do your goals, which is good.

After seeing what Knightwatch is doing over in his challenge I looked up "Gladiator Push-Ups" and "Renegade Push-Ups" which are somewhat similar to what I've been doing with my "Dumbbell Row Push-Ups". I think I'll use them as my level 2 & level 3 advancements when I finally get to my current goal of 3x10 w/ Row. I'm still using my light weights with the flat side (no rolling), but eventually I'll need to upgrade to my adjustable weights (which are totally round and may roll).

Workout:

AM Run! 2.46 Km (1.53 Mi) in 15'41". Pretty slow, but I'm blaming that on the workout last night and the rain this morning. I did get out there though!

5 Mins Handstand workout.

Food:

Eggs, Rice, Soy Sauce

Apple, Steak, Spinach, Italian Dressing

Dirty Rice, Ground Beef, Cabbage, Roasted Turnips

100% Paleo?

No. Rice (2x) and Dressing. The turnips were amazing though!

Creativity:

Continued working on the coffee table. Made a small mistake when drilling pocket holes for the side aprons. The heads of the screws I'm using were slightly larger than the hole I had drilled for them, then when I tried to back up the screw, it started stripping. I was able to use trial & error problem solving [+ WIS] to figure out how to get around it, but they're not as clean as I would have liked [- CHA]. I'll need to get smaller screws or be more careful on the other side (which is drying now waiting for me to work on it tomorrow).

Off to reward myself with some Comics from this week!

• Like 3

Mangostrike

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Stardate 20140226.2139 Hump Day

Middle of the week. Not much going on. Still pulling late hours at work. Was fully geared up to let my boss buy me a free sandwich, but chickened out at the last minute and just had my salad I brought. I guess it was the better choice, but I've really been craving a Sourdough Turkey Avocado Sandwich. Maybe tomorrow...

Well done sticking to the diet even when its free. My office celebrates Pi day (3/14). That day won't be pretty. 

• Like 2

Skigh

Asura Assassin / Level 2  / STR 2 / DEX 0 / STA 3 / CON 2 / WIS 2 / CHA 2

Current Challenge | War Journal | Challenge #1

Another great thing to do with cauliflower? ROAST it! Brush some olive oil over the top, sprinkle some sea salt on there, then put it under the broiler until it starts to brown. You won't believe how good it is!

Comics are a good reward!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Stardate 20140228.07:01 HItting The Wall

//Late post for Thursday//

Another late day at work. I calculated that due to these long days I'll end up putting in an extra 7.5 hours of volunteer time this week. It wouldn't be so bad if we were getting more done or paid for it, but that just isn't the case. So I guess, [+ CHA] for character building...

Decided today that since my challenge is based on weekly results rather than daily I could afford to skip a workout on Thursday in favor of spending time with my wife per CK's advice. Went and got a burrito up the road and hung out together. Got my Handstand practice and Creative time in, then went to bed at the same time for a change recently.

Workout:

5 Mins Handstand workout.

Food:

Eggs, Black Coffee

Leftovers: Dirty Rice w/ Beef, Cabbage, Turnips, Apple

Burrito (No Cheese!)

100% Paleo?

No. Rice at lunch, Tortilla, Sour Cream & Rice at dinner.

Creativity:

Continued working on the coffee table. Got the other side's pocket holes drilled, really should have went and bought different screws for a cleaner look. Started on the cross bars, probably just another 30 mins on those and then to start the hardest part: the actual table top assembly. Not so sure how the surface is going to turn out...we will see.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Well done sticking to the diet even when its free. My office celebrates Pi day (3/14). That day won't be pretty. 

Thanks. Good luck on your Pi Day. Make sure to prep for it with a large breakfast and a healthy exciting lunch so you can try and resist temptation. If you do give in, ask for a tiny sliver (like 1 cm wide) of just 1 or 2. That way you're not being rude, but you still stick to your goals.

Another great thing to do with cauliflower? ROAST it! Brush some olive oil over the top, sprinkle some sea salt on there, then put it under the broiler until it starts to brown. You won't believe how good it is!

Comics are a good reward!

Roasted sounds great. There's another theme here, what with this, the Cauliflower Rice from Pumazealy, and the Cauliflower crust pizza I've been thinking of. Might have to get the wife on board for this one!

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

cauliflower is starting to rule my life - besides the cheese this recipe looks amazing! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=731538290192716&set=a.556983240981556.126491.512798468733367&type=1&relevant_count=1

i eat it roasted all the time, with carrots, brocolli and zuchinni

i'm going to use it for pizza base this week, hopefully without the cheese it still holds up ok.

you are making awesome progress on the coffee table, it's awesome that you are doing this if i haven't said it before

very creative

• Like 2

Race: Dwarf. Class: Warrior. Level: 4 STR: 9 DEX: 4 STA: 5 CON: 7 WIS: 8 CHA: 2

Daily Quest Battle Log

Challenge 1: BBWW will be my bitch Browncoat

Challenge 2: Calling in the Cavalry Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 3: K.I.S.S. Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 4: Back in Black  C25K & Zombies, Run! Champions

Challenge 5: It's my Strong Hand

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

Stardate 20140228.1914 Return to normal.

The week is over! Back to normal now. After working all last weekend, and pulling late days all this week, plus the rain adding to my commute, it's been less than enjoyable. Probably won't get to my handstand practice or creative today, as we're going out soon for a friend's birthday and don't know when we'll be home.

Workout:

AM Run! 2.64 Km (1.64 Mi) in 16'09". Slightly faster (6'07"/Mi) than Wednesday (6'22"), and added a side street in to log more distance.

Stats:

Weight 225.4 lbs @ 26.6%

Waist 42.5"

Hips 42.75"

Chest 41.5"

Biceps 15.75" ( L ) & 15.75" ( R )

Legs 25.5" ( L ) & 25.5" ( R )

Calfs 16.5" ( L ) & 16.5" ( R )

Food:

Protein Shake, Black Coffee

Turkey Avocado Sandwich

Chicken Drumsticks, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Coffee

Drinks?....TBD

100% Paleo?

No. Sandwich at lunch, plus whatever drinks out tonight.

Creativity:

Not sure if I'll get to this tonight. I'll try and read some in my book before bed, but I have a feeling that we'll be out too late to do this.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Stardate 20140301.1649 Earth and Water. Respect and Honor.

I watched most of 300 today while doing chores around the house. It reminds me of my end goal and I know that I need to start stepping up if I'm going to realistically reach that level of fitness. 

Lycan Thom posted this website, and after reviewing all my stats, I guess my "Lean Body Weight" is 160 Lbs. Since I was regarding 180 Lbs as my absolute goal, I'm not sure what to make of this. While it would be nice to be one of those super lean guys, I don't think my body structure will allow that. Plus I would really like to walk in a room and have people know it, like really KNOW it.

Since I'm starting a squat challenge with the other members of the Knights of the GSPC tomorrow, I felt I needed to add some weight to today's Squats and Lunges.

Also, the sun came out and I just mowed my lawn, so I decided to take today's Handstand workout outside. Managed to get in a couple unassisted handstands. Now I just have to make them more consistent and hold them for longer than a second or two. An unexpected side effect of the "Laugh it up, Fuzzball" Mini-Quest, I had myself really laughing as I fell out of handstands onto the freshly cut grass.

Workout:

BBWW:

Squats 1x20 bodyweight & 2x20 w/ 2x10 lbs Dumbbells

DB Pushups 1x15* & 2x10* All with 10 lbs Dumbbells Row added in

Lunges 1x20 & Farmer's Walk 2x20 w/ 2x10 lbs Dumbbells

Dumbbell Row 3x15/15 @ 30 lbs.

Plank 3x60s

Jumping Jack 3x30

Curls 3x10/10 @ 25 lbs.

7'29" + 8'08" + 8'17" = 23'54" total.

Faster than last time! Even with the added weight!

5 Mins Handstand Practice.

Food:

Last Night's Drinks: 2 (a Dirty Diana & a Bourbon Rocks)

Eggs, Spinach, Bacon, Black Coffee

Grapes, Apple

Dinner...TBD (Probably Rigatoni w/ Strawberry Arugula Salad at our friend's house)

Drinks....TBD

100% Paleo?

So far, Yes!!

Probably not after dinner (Pasta, Feta Cheese on the Salad, Drinks?), but getting closer.

Creativity:

Did not do anything yesterday. Going to try and read some before going out, but might not make it.

300_1570638a.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist...

• Like 2

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Stardate 20140302.1616 Mangostrike vs the Wall of Water

Last night turned into much more of a drinking fest than I expected it to be. We ended up deciding to get a ride home and leave my car at our friend's, so I drank much more than I needed to (5-6+ Whiskeys). Ended up needing to take an upside down shot for part of the game, so my handstand training was put to practice.

I was very good about my diet (other than the booze), skipping out on seconds and dessert (Cappuccino It's-It's!). That took great willpower, and apparently my well ran dry because I ended up having a grilled cheese sandwich at 2 am. Not happy about that.

Needed to get my 5K in today to close out this week's challenge, so we headed to the reservoir with friends. It rained, and rained, and rained. I felt like I was carrying extra weight due to the wet clothes, and the added wind resistance really cut down on my time.

Workout:

Ran 5.02 Km (3.12 Mi) in 31'56". Ave pace 6'21"/Km (10'14"/Mi).

5 Mins Handstand Practice.

Food:

Last Night:

Rigatoni w/ Strawberry Arugula Salad & Spiced Pecans

6 Whiskys

Grilled Cheese w/ turkey

Today:

Eggs, Arugula, Dressing

Subway Sandwich - Turkey Bacon Avocado w/ all the veggies (No Cheese, Mayo or Mustard) on Wheat bread

100% Paleo?

No. Late night Grilled Cheese, Bread on sandwich.

Creativity:

Planning on reading my drawing book and doodling while watching TV tonight. Maybe some time on the Coffee Table.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Stardate 20140304.1055 Mental breakdown

I’m losing my mind. Can’t focus, don’t want to work out, tired angry and upset.

I skipped my Monday AM run because I was still very sore from Sunday’s efforts and it was raining. Really wanted to get to Squats and Handstands last night, but couldn’t focus.

As part of my life quest I did an exercise that’s supposed to overwhelm my Left hemisphere to force my brain into R-Mode. Basically you find a quiet room (no verbal input or music with lyrics) and try to copy an upside down drawing. Since there’s no logic or anything for your Left Hemisphere to latch onto, it basically gives up and lets the Right take over. I think it worked too well, as after I couldn’t remember the login to my work computer. I seriously spent almost an hour trying different variations of my last name and couldn’t figure it out.

Considering that I do this 3-4 times a day, the complete inability to accomplish this simple memory recall was insane. It was already gone 10pm and I hadn’t done my Handstands or Squats or any workout really.

I think that I’ve taken on too much. Trying to do Creative/Handstands/Squats/Workout/Update the battle Log / all the other things in my regular life…on a daily basis, it’s just too much.

I’ve been pretty low on protein lately, and have been having more grains than I would like, and I think that’s starting to take a toll. Hopefully sticking to my diet and making the Workout the #1 priority with everything else as secondary will help. I don’t want to be stressing out every night about the huge list that I haven’t completed.

Workout:

Monday: Nothing.

Tuesday: Hopefully BBWW if I can handle it.

Food:

Sunday:

Sweet Potato Stuffed Poblano Peppers, Pork chops

Monday:

Oatmeal, Blueberries, Black Coffee

Spinach, Arugula, Lime Vinaigrette, Poblano Stuffed Pepper

Nuts, Raisins

Chicken Drumstick, Pasta, Squash, Bell Pepper, Onion

1 cookie

Tuesday:

Sausage, Eggs

Rice, Bell Pepper, Onion, Chicken Drumstick, Arugula, Spinach, Tomato

100% Paleo?

No. Many reasons.

Creativity:

Yes! Spent over an hour drawing Picasso’s Portrait of Igor Stravinsky (Upside down) and Spider-Man (also Upside down). I can't post the picture here, because internet at work won't access Imgur.com, but I'll try and post later.

• Like 3

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Words of wisdom from a Holy Man I have learned a lot from over the years:

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail.' "

You get to have bad days, it's going to happen. You're going to miss a workout, or a run, or slip on your protein. You're doing something you probably haven't done in a long time, if ever (like me). But you're still making progress!

So, I have one question for you, my friend: Is the check in the mail?

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Hang in there, shit gets ruff. As we experienced with my break down on Friday.  Everyone has their bad days, their slow days, the days the check is just a little to slow to get in the mail. 

That is how we roll!!

Sometimes this is the bodies way of telling us to slow down a little.  At the gym this morning for example, I had a hard time hitting the same weight I had pushed 4 days ago.  But I have been hitting the gym pretty hard as of late.  I might be pushing my body to hard, so I might gear down just slightly, give my body a chance to catch up to my will.  

The point is, that sometimes the body is forcing its will upon us.  The important thing is to listen, adjust but keep moving.  

Just remember your awesome and will persevere!!

• Like 1

Hail Science!!

Geek Show says Hey!!

Half-Orc Ranger - Level "Bring it on Kobold!!!" (2)

Str (5), Dex (2), Sta (5), Con (3), Wis (3), Cha (2)

The Decoy of Death (Challenge 1)

The Road to Awesomeness Part II (Challenge 2)

Joe Awesome's road to awesome (Battle Log)

Stardate 20140304.1956 Recovery

Starting to feel better. Working on not overwhelming myself too much.

Workout:

BBWW:

DB Squats 3x20 w/ 10 lbs. 

DB Pushups 3x10* w/ 10 lbs.

Farmer's Walk 3x20 w/ 10 lbs.

Plank 3x60s

Reverse Squats 3x20

Curls 2x15/15, 1x12/12 @ 25 lbs.

7'23" + 9'10" + 10'06" = 26'39" total.

5 Minutes of Handstand Practice.

Food:

Protein Shake, Pear

Tilapia, Cauliflower, Red Rice

Red Wine

100% Paleo?

Nope.

Creativity:

Yes. Read more in "Drawing on the right side of the brian". Being much more cautious about how I approach this, as I did not enjoy the shift from L-Mode to R-Mode yesterday. On the plus side, here's the Spider-Man I drew last night:

.dLDvCrK.jpg?1

• Like 2

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

I had a lousy day yesterday too. Managed one snatch rep at a weight I've warmed up with in the past. Then I gave up and did 14.1 of the CrossFit Open...out of the 110,000ish people who posted Open scores, mine was around 107,000.

Those days happen. You just have to come back and hit it hard the next day.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

awesome spidy!

that L to R change sounds to effed up. to forget your log in details. some powerful stuff

Race: Dwarf. Class: Warrior. Level: 4 STR: 9 DEX: 4 STA: 5 CON: 7 WIS: 8 CHA: 2

Daily Quest Battle Log

Challenge 1: BBWW will be my bitch Browncoat

Challenge 2: Calling in the Cavalry Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 3: K.I.S.S. Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 4: Back in Black  C25K & Zombies, Run! Champions

Challenge 5: It's my Strong Hand

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

I had a lousy day yesterday too. Managed one snatch rep at a weight I've warmed up with in the past. Then I gave up and did 14.1 of the CrossFit Open...out of the 110,000ish people who posted Open scores, mine was around 107,000.

Those days happen. You just have to come back and hit it hard the next day.

Yeah, I know. It's just been so long since I had such a dark day that it really got to me. I feel like I bounced back okay though.

awesome spidy!

that L to R change sounds to effed up. to forget your log in details. some powerful stuff

Thanks. Yeah I was pretty freaked out at that. It was akin to forgetting my own name. So scary.

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Stardate 20140305.2052 Oh no, I'm a Bamf!

.After following a group of Rangers and foolishly touching a strange message on the wall, I've been turned blue and shrunk down to a minuscule size. Hitting locked door leading to a towering wall of stairs, I squatted down small and waddled under the door, gazing in awe at the next hurdle on my mysterious journey, wishing I could figure out how to Bamf like my big brother.

Workout:

2.45 Km (1.52 Mi) in 14'21" with an average pace of 5'51"/Km (9'25"/Mi).

5x20 Reverse Squats (GSPC PvP challenge & Ranger's Mini-Challenge).

Food:

Sausage, Egg

Sausage, Spinach, Arugula, Dressing

Banana, Apple

Chipotle burrito (no cheese, sour cream or rice)

1 cookie

100% Paleo?

Nope.

Creativity:

Read my drawing book in between sets of Reverse Squats.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

I feel like i need to see this movie.

You are correct. Go now and do so.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

.After following a group of Rangers and foolishly touching a strange message on the wall, I've been turned blue and shrunk down to a minuscule size.

Rangers are pretty much lemmings.

Keep up the good work.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

You've been watching 300, I've been watching 300, next thing you know, we'll be off marauding!

I feel like i need to see this movie.

Wait, is there marauding I don't know about??!?!?!?!  Let me grab my ax!!!

Hail Science!!

Geek Show says Hey!!

Half-Orc Ranger - Level "Bring it on Kobold!!!" (2)

Str (5), Dex (2), Sta (5), Con (3), Wis (3), Cha (2)

The Decoy of Death (Challenge 1)

The Road to Awesomeness Part II (Challenge 2)

Joe Awesome's road to awesome (Battle Log)

Stardate 20140306.2215 Up hill battle

Not feeling like I'm bringing it this week. I skipped workouts, half-assed other ones, ate lots of rice, pasta and tortillas, and I think it's going to show tomorrow. I'm worried that my measurements will not be dropping, and this could be the first week this year that I haven't lost weight. I know it's unreasonable to expect it every single time, but I also know it's possible.

Next week's Mini-Boss is going to be to stick to plan without going crazy. A much harder task than I thought it would have been.

Workout:

BBWW:

DB Squats 3x20 w/ 10 lbs. 

DB Pushups 3x10* w/ 10 lbs.

Farmer's Walk 3x20 w/ 10 lbs.

Plank 3x60s

Reverse Squats 3x20

Curls 15/15, 15/12, 12/12 @ 25 lbs.

7'20" + 9'00" + 8'20" = 24'40" total.

Food:

Last night:

Popcorn

Tea

Today:

Egg, Rice, Chicken Breast, Black Coffee

Chicken Breasts, Arugula, Spinach, Salsa, Banana

Lunchmeat, Dried Fruit

Sports Drink

Chicken Drumsticks, Bell Pepper, Rice, Cheese

1 Cookie

100% Paleo?

Nope, Not even close.

Creativity:

Fully intended on drawing, but ran out of time.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Stardate 20140307.2154 New Personal Best Mile Time

Wow! I don't know what I was so worried about yesterday (really need to stop weighing myself on random days), but I think that fear of failing my goals drove me to really push it on my run this morning.

I managed to hit my best mile time in years, and I'm close to my best time ever (High School 7'59"/Mi)!

I dropped 3 lbs from last week and I'm just under 40% to my goal weight. Once I'm under 220 lbs, I'm going to reward myself with a couple new PS3 games (Arkham Origins & Thief).

Workout:

Ran 3.41 Km (1.50 Mi) in 12'26" with an Ave Pace of 5'09"/Km (8'18"/Mi).

TBD # of Reverse Squats.

Stats:

Weight 222.4 lbs @ 28.1%

Waist 42"

Hips 42.5"

Chest 41"

Biceps 15.5" ( L ) & 15.5" ( R )

Legs 26" ( L ) & 25.75" ( R )

Calves 16.5" ( L ) & 16.5" ( R )

Neck 15.5"

Food:

Today:

Egg, Black Coffee, 1 Cookie

Lunchmeat, Arugula, Spinach, Italian Dressing

1 Cookie

Bacon wrapped Scallops, Arugula, Homemade Vinaigrette, Cauliflower, Rice

1/2 Scotch Egg (Homemade!)

Red Wine

100% Paleo?

No. Cookies, Dressing, Rice, Breadcrumbs on Scotch Egg.

Creativity:

Spent 1 hour drawing my hand (without looking at the page), made 2 viewfinders, copied left hand onto glass.

Can't wait to work on the coffee table and my miniatures this weekend (weather permitting).

• Like 2

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.