Forums are back in action! ×

Finally getting on the boards

So, I found this site about a month and a half ago and thought it was amazing. Read the 15 mistakes newbies make and felt like I was reading the story of my life. So, I started slow. found the warm up and cool down and started doing that everyday. After a couple of weeks I added in a yoga routine three times a week and last week added in the Angry Birds Workout three times a week. Then the I missed my Yoga yesterday and my workout today, so I figured I would stop just reading and start using the support system here. I will bounce back, because I need to. I am currently over 200 lbs with approximately 25% Body fat and 199 cholesterol, my dad has had three heart attacks and knee problems. I don't want that for me, so I am joining the rebellion to get my cholesterol down, lose 10% Body Fat which is about 20 pounds, but I don't care about what weight I am  just getting the fat gone, and doing it in a way that keeps my joints healthy. Now, I just need to start coming up with short term goals to get there, and ways to keep myself accountable so I don't relapse. I look forward to meeting people here. Insert catchy tag line here.

"Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end." -Fernando Tavares Sabino

Lvl: 0 Adventurer STR:0 DEX:0 STA:0 CON:0 WIS:0 CHA:0

First Challenge

Welcome to the rebellion, KiloAlpha!

I'm doing the Angry Birds too! There's a few tricks to keep yourself accountable: mark it on your calendar. Every time I do my workout, I color the square on my calendar red. After I did the workout, mind you. After a couple of weeks, you will WANT that red square on your calendar. It's like a badge of honor: I rocked it today! I'm a badass! When you miss a workout, that blank spot will glare at you like you wouldn't believe.

Also, keep a journal of how many sets and reps you did (or time for the planks). It's very encouraging to see your progress over time.

So, bite the bullet, release the beast, Hulk out, pick one you like, and get to work! Let's hear you roar, rebel!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Sukiyo151, 

Thanks for the advice just started a six (four) week challenge! I will start the next one on time.

Silver Rapier,

Thanks for the motivation! You are awesome! You are everywhere on these boards; keeping yourself going and helping pump up everyone else. Good on you! Who knows You might even get me to come up with a rebel cry, but for now: Insert Catchy Tag line here.

• Like 1
"Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end." -Fernando Tavares Sabino

Lvl: 0 Adventurer STR:0 DEX:0 STA:0 CON:0 WIS:0 CHA:0

First Challenge

Also, quick two part question: How do you get your levels and stats? Then, How do you display them?

You'll find the answer to those questions in the F.A.Q. sections of the challenge forum.

Character creation

Stat points and leveling up

As for displaying your stats: you have to go into "My Settings" in your profile. Then pick "signature" and type the info you want!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.