Your 10 has arrived ;)

• Like 1

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

My opening bid is 200 push ups.

I initially tried for 10 reps every 20 secs... 3 mins (90 reps) later I realised I couldn't keep it up for an extended period...

So I dropped to 10 reps every 30 secs... 2.5 mins (50 reps) later I realised that wasn't a big enough break either...

So I dropped to 10 reps every minute. 6 mins (60 reps) later I figured that it was sustainable... but I didn't have enough break to do anything else meaningful inbetween apart from recover, drink and feel really really sweaty.

Anyway, it's just the first day :). I'm happy I kept good form throughout all the push ups. I increased rest periods rather than compromising on quality.

---

Tomorrow I'm going to try 20 reps every 5 mins. Hopefully that will give me enough time to do short tasks on my to do list inbetween sets. I'll stop at some point above 200 reps.

• Like 2

So I don't think I will take you on for the 2 hours deal but maybe I could do 200 in a day, MAYBE! And that's setting my personal bar VERY high!

Its 5am Monday, Feb. 2, so I guess I will start......wait for it....wait for it.....NOW!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

"The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude" ~ Scott Hamilton

Alright! You are automatically more badass just joining this challenge :)

I'm not sure what could make her even more badass than she already is :)

Ok, first day.

70 table push ups in 5 sets: 20, 15, 15, 15, 5

Wow, pushupsanity? :D I think it may be easier by far than your planks! lol!

My opening bid is 200 push ups.

I initially tried for 10 reps every 20 secs... 3 mins (90 reps) later I realised I couldn't keep it up for an extended period...

So I dropped to 10 reps every 30 secs... 2.5 mins (50 reps) later I realised that wasn't a big enough break either...

So I dropped to 10 reps every minute. 6 mins (60 reps) later I figured that it was sustainable... but I didn't have enough break to do anything else meaningful inbetween apart from recover, drink and feel really really sweaty.

Anyway, it's just the first day :). I'm happy I kept good form throughout all the push ups. I increased rest periods rather than compromising on quality.

---

Tomorrow I'm going to try 20 reps every 5 mins. Hopefully that will give me enough time to do short tasks on my to do list inbetween sets. I'll stop at some point above 200 reps.

Ok, this just made me rethink what I am capable of...not that I ever intended to keep up with Simon anyways...but maybe I need to set a smaller goal than I planned.  

So I don't think I will take you on for the 2 hours deal but maybe I could do 200 in a day, MAYBE! And that's setting my personal bar VERY high!

Its 5am Monday, Feb. 2, so I guess I will start......wait for it....wait for it.....NOW!!!!!!!!

I think I am going to go with you Jon, bc two hours will probably net me about 35 pushups, and I want to be more badass than that! So I will aim for 100 today by 10pm (14hrs from now) and see how I do, bc I have a sick kid with a dr. appt and am supposed to do some work for my old job bc they need the help...and trying to fit an astronomical amount of pushups in around that plus dealing with applying for school...is a definite set up for failure.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I honestly don't think I have done 200 push ups in a week my entire life! What kind of level 6 Druid Ambassador can't keep up with that?!?! (Just busting your chops! Hope your kido gets feeling better!)

The kind who is a total pansy and is only level 6 bc most of her challenges center around the f'd up mess that is in her head! I am fully aware that the mind has to get right before the body, so I might start with fitness somewhere around level 48 :P

and I have no doubt you can do 200 pushups today!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm in. Haven't done push-ups in literally a thousand years. Should be fun.

I haven't done this level of volume since the last challenge ended a year and a half ago lol no idea if I can still do push ups at the same level but I'm definitely stronger overall so we'll see.

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I'm in. Haven't done push-ups in literally a thousand years. Should be fun.

Yay!!!!! :D Machete is my unnecessary but much appreciated bodyguard...FYI (he is a total ass kicker, but he won't ever actually tell you that!)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

okay now what? I just 50 knee push ups in six minutes (10 x 5) so I am going to kill my goal of 100 in well under 2 hrs....but my wrists hurt....soooo do more than the 100? Stop there bc my wrists may fall off? Apparently I am motivated as hell by PvPs, bc all I thought about all day was getting my push ups in!

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

okay now what? I just 50 knee push ups in six minutes (10 x 5) so I am going to kill my goal of 100 in well under 2 hrs....but my wrists hurt....soooo do more than the 100? Stop there bc my wrists may fall off? Apparently I am motivated as hell by PvPs, bc all I thought about all day was getting my push ups in!

Motivation tends to help withmost things, that said, if your wrists hurt take longer breaks between sets. Don't want to bork your wrists up just for the sake of a PvP. Oh, and for someone who claims to 'not be any good at the fitness things' I happen to think fifty knee push ups in six minutes is pretty damn awesomesauce on toast. With cool beans on top.

Given it's technically not Monday here any more I'll be watching this thread with interest and more than a little amount of awe.

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland