Forums are back in action! ×

Push Ups...Reloaded PVP

hey, finished a couple hours ago. the total for today is 220 (thats 69 more than ever before and many more than i thought i could do!). i didnt post for yesterday because it was a snowday and i played some tackle football in the snow with my friends and when i got back i was super tired and sore so i squeezed out 50 and went straight to sleep. definitely more tomorrow though. hopefully i can get at least 250-300 by the end of this challenge.

• Like 2

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Elven Ninja

level: 2

STR:1  DEX:2  STA:1

CON:1  WIS:3  CHA:2

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Take care Simon! Unfortunately I'm no stranger to elbow tendonitis myself :(

I took a break from horizontal push motions today... and went to vertical push instead!

2 sets of 1 rep of full depth (parallette) handstand push ups (still weak and being careful after my shoulder dislocation)

1 set of 20 reps of headstand push ups (for volume, since I'm still taking it slow on the full HSPUs)

So 22... assuming they count :)

• Like 1

Take it easy bro

I don't know the meaning of the word.

I had to learn it, I kept trying to kill myself, and it started to suck...wait till you get old :P

I hope your shoulder pain eased up some today!

Day 5

Knee push ups: 10, 6, 6, 4, 2

Total: 28

I'm counting it as an increase since knee push ups are a lot harder than table push ups.

WTG :D :D :D I love seeing everyone's workouts and all, bc you could slaughter me in plank times, but I can do more knee push ups than you, so it just proves that you can't ever compare yourself to anyone but you...and I learned that here and it has greatly improved my sense of positivity in my abilities :) So yeah...you are a badass regardless and so am I...and definitely count those as an increase. I would say 2:1 ratio really.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

So I haven't done any push ups in a couple of days.... No real reason other than switching back to days has kinda messed with my energy level.

On a positive note though, I had 100% Paleo diet for the last 2 days as well!

The day isn't over so maybe I'll throw in a few push ups tonight.

"The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude" ~ Scott Hamilton

So I haven't done any push ups in a couple of days.... No real reason other than switching back to days has kinda messed with my energy level.

On a positive note though, I had 100% Paleo diet for the last 2 days as well!

The day isn't over so maybe I'll throw in a few push ups tonight.

No worries dude. The challengers are already victorious. Anything additional is just icing on the victory cake. :)

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

20 x 10 + 6 x 5 = 230 for today. great job on staying paleo, i tried that and it is very hard, i definitely cheat, so good job! keep it up everyone! more to come tomorrow. 

Elven Ninja

level: 2

STR:1  DEX:2  STA:1

CON:1  WIS:3  CHA:2

You people are awesome! I wish I could be joining you. I'm just... chilling, trying to take it easy until my mono and spleen inflammation goes away.

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

1000. Ow.

Timing was 10 per minute. Except I did whatever multiples of 10 I felt like. So started with a set of 70 then had 7 minutes to rest (including the time spent doing push ups).

Had to take 2 cold showers to cool off (and flush out lactic acid possibly), as well as a 10 minute break in the middle, and a quick refuel on a banana and a protein shake at the 700 mark.

Also my form began to suffer in the 2nd half. But... I didn't care at that point.

Anyway... I'm not doing that again :)

• Like 3

1000. Ow.

Timing was 10 per minute. Except I did whatever multiples of 10 I felt like. So started with a set of 70 then had 7 minutes to rest (including the time spent doing push ups).

Had to take 2 cold showers to cool off (and flush out lactic acid possibly), as well as a 10 minute break in the middle, and a quick refuel on a banana and a protein shake at the 700 mark.

Also my form began to suffer in the 2nd half. But... I didn't care at that point.

Anyway... I'm not doing that again :)

Holy crap, Yuen! What a rockstar. :D

Pseudo-planche nice. Yeah I failed the challenge personally. I couldn't beat myself. I figured my body would give out pretty easily on that first day, but nah. Instead it just decided not to recover with any kind of speed lol. I'm used to a very fast recovery time so that kinda destroyed me. Glad I entered though :3 volume work within reason strengthens the tendons right?

°~°

°¬°