Forums are back in action! ×

Dota II

Defense of the Ancients on WC3? I used to play casually back in college if this is what we're talking about.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Defense of the Ancients on WC3? I used to play casually back in college if this is what we're talking about.

The "sequel" to that mod. Valve bought the rights to it and produced a sequel for it on Steam, Dota II. It's free to play. I played the starting portions of it, but my recent gaming ADD led me elsewhere. One day, I'll probably come back to take a deeper look at it.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I downloaded both Dota2 and LoL at the same time. I've stopped playing both, but I kept LoL on my pc and got rid of Dota2. The games were overall very similar, but Dota2 was just too hard to learn when you just want to casually play a video game.

LoL was really easy with a great tutorial, but I stopped playing that too, because I don't want to make a commitment to other players by being online for a certain time a day. Sometimes when I'm gaming, I just have to leave suddenly to do other stuff and I got some sort of penalty in LoL for that once. There's this competitive factor I'm not really looking for in an online game, I just wanna have fun and do whatever I want.

DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA!!!!

I play a little, if you want to play sometime Vengeful Spirit.  I apologise in advance for any noobness you might see :tongue:

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

I play a little, if you want to play sometime Vengeful Spirit.  I apologise in advance for any noobness you might see :tongue:

*assuming that this wasn't an april fools' joke* :D

Would love to play with you, Talvi! :)

The username is the same as here.

I already played 346 hours and I am still rather bad =/ but it's just so addictive..

• Like 1

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

Learning curve in DOTA II. IT is a learning WALL! You are doing fine, enjoying the game, having a riot playing with that buddy that suggested you try it out. You are doing okay, you aren't feeding too badly for a noob, and you are starting to get the hang of the courier... Then you are dead. Either Riki, or Sniper, or Nyx just kind of popped out of nowhere... 

Or even worse a Pudge who is good with hook...

I hate good hook Pudges...

Almost as much as I hate Drow.

Zeus with scepter and refresher is my most hated combo... Followed closely by Lion with scepter and refresher...

• Like 2

Sorry SinisterCurse - I wasn't following the thread so I didn't notice that you had replied!  I'll add you :)

Draezin - I totally understand!   I am currently harbouring a passionate hatred of Drow, Blood Seeker, Sniper, Skywrath Mage and Terrorblade.  If I'm laning against any of them I just start bezerking to kill them whilst they are weak and keep them that way!

If I see Pudge then I wet myself and spent the rest of the game in fear....

Also I'd just like to say kudos to any meepos who have ever beaten me:

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Yeah, they all suck to play against. One of the single most OP toons out there is Legion Commander. I have had her up to like 150 bonus dmg, or something stupid like that. Not including bonuses from items. I walked into their entire team at their ancient, and killed them all, then killed 3 towers. 20 seconds tops. It was stupid. Had S&Y, Desolator, daedulus, rapier, mask of madness and a mjolnir.

Absolute carnage.

I <3 her! :D

• Like 1

That must have been the best feeling ever!!!

I have a friend who is very good at tanking so Legion Commander is usually on my side - thank god!  However, I really really enjoy trolling an enemy Legion Commander with Shadow Shaman.   Every single time, they use their 'Duel' ultimate you 'Shackle' them whilst your carry goes to town.  Turns out I'm a pretty evil support :tongue:

Level 11 Morgana Scout