Forums are back in action! ×

Things that drive you absolutely bananas.

One thing that drives me up the wall is medical education preaching garbage nutrition.

Thankfully, against all odds, my biochemistry textbook has been impartial (i.e. "this is what studies show") and had fairly recent information. It was talking about leptin/ghrelin, advising roughly 120g carbs and protein, and also indicating you get ~30% calories from fat with some non-BS recommendations about how to find quality fats. It even discussed systemic inflammation and ways that can be overcome dietarily.

There was some BS in the book like calories in/calories out (apparently BMR never changes, also apparently it's impossible to crap out calories unburned), a vague indication to keep cholesterol under 300mg/day even though they said a paragraph earlier that intake up to 900mg/day hasn't shown any correlation with disease, and some crap about a weight loss drug that blocks your absorption of dietary fat (good thing that doesn't harm fat soluble vitamin digestion!), but compared to the amount of stuff that was actually right this was pretty piddling stuff.

I was expecting 1990's style vegan/LISS indoctrination, I was pleasantly surprised.

I was primed to ape out reading these chapters. It drives me insane how so many doctors are so stupid when it comes to nutrition.

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

Not sure if this one has been brought up before or not but:

FUCKING INFOMERCIALS!!

It's not that they exist... even though when I see them show up they annoy the hell out of me.

It's not that the products they advertise are garbage... I mean they are and they use all sorts of shady weasel words and misdirection to sell them.

It's that they insist on using the "Actor tries to do a simple task and fails at it" cliche.

Fuck you Nutribullet. It does not require a Masters from MIT to use a god damn blender!!

http://youtu.be/3eMCURWpNAg

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

My &^#$@$%% downstairs neighbour, who makes enough noise to disturb my peace on a regular basis, but not enough to legitimately complain about (the soundproofing in my building is terrible, so that's part of the problem). 

Find a new home, please. 

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3