Forums are back in action! ×

Things that drive you absolutely bananas.

I look at the pets section on craigslist all the time because I love animals and I want all of them. There's this one animal control place that puts up posts for these poor animals they're trying to adopt out, and the animals look absolutely miserable. How are you going to adopt them out if you show them looking scraggly, scared, and hurt?

Terrible.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/4389890502.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/4391331978.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/4389793666.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/4395777320.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/4395775125.html

These are not flattering pictures. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

They're also not the only ones who do it, there were just a lot of them today from this one place.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I look at the pets section on craigslist all the time because I love animals and I want all of them. There's this one animal control place that puts up posts for these poor animals they're trying to adopt out, and the animals look absolutely miserable. How are you going to adopt them out if you show them looking scraggly, scared, and hurt?

Terrible.

They're also not the only ones who do it, there were just a lot of them today from this one place.

That's something I would enjoy doing is taking pictures of animals like that. I could do a hell of a lot better job than they do there...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Terrible.

That's something I would enjoy doing is taking pictures of animals like that. I could do a hell of a lot better job than they do there...

I dislike most craigslist pictures.  Cell phone shots, bad lighting, not enough pictures, etc. 

I've sold a lot of stuff on craigslist, and I try to cover all the bases.  My goal is for someone to see the photos to be accurate enough that you'd be willing to paypal me the $ and have me mail you the item, and then be satisfied that it was exactley as you expected it to be.

I've sold three vehicles through craigslist, and I take and order the pictures so it's like virtually walking around the car, looking under the hood, in the front and back seat, or bed if its a truck, and a close look at least one of the tires.  When someone comes to see the vehicle they're pretty much just there to hear/feel it run, because the rest was in the pics.

Also, house/apt photographing.  People are terrible at this too.  I don't want to take off work or spend every weekend looking at houses.  The whole point of online real estate ads is to cut down on how many houses I need to go see.  Take photos like you're walking through the house, starting at the curb.  I want to be able to see if it looks like my sectional will fit in the living room, if the bedroom can hold more than my bed, what EVERY room looks like, including the basement/garage/storage shed.  Let your pictures make me fall in love with the place before I show up.

ok, rant over.

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014

I posted this in the St Louis thread earlier today, but it applies. People like the guy holding this injured dog for ransom, basically.

Can someone please get in touch with either the authorities or some kind of animal control regarding this dog? http://stlouis.craig...4395208266.html I am overseas and unable to quickly contact anyone. I think a phone call is in order since this dog could be dead soon.

This is the contact information for the person with the dog who should NOT receive any money whatsoever for this poor creature limping and peeing "all" blood that he refuses to drop off at a vet so he can make a profit.

preferred contact method:

• phone, text, or email

contact name:

• Joseph

contact by phone:

• ☎ 3145876495

reply by email:

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Throughout this deployment...the stupidest questions have been asked. The ones I'm getting most recently are "Are you excited to be going home?" and "Is your husband excited you're coming home?" 

Why even waste air asking questions like this...

• Like 1

Spoiler

My latest thing that drives me bananas... People who want your input on a project then completely ignore what you said and do what they wanted to do anyway. If you didn't really want my opinion, then why did you waste my time asking in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:strawberry: GolfCart34 :strawberry:

Twitter | FaceBook | Instagram

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*

Throughout this deployment...the stupidest questions have been asked. The ones I'm getting most recently are "Are you excited to be going home?" and "Is your husband excited you're coming home?" 

Nah man... I enjoy it over here in the desert, dodging IEDs, getting shot at... makes you feel alive you know. Besides, if I was supposed to have a wife, the Marines would have issued me one...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

"Not really, we rather prefer our time apart."

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Besides, if I was supposed to have a wife, the Marines would have issued me one...

The Army has the same saying. It annoys me.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

My latest thing that drives me bananas... People who want your input on a project then completely ignore what you said and do what they wanted to do anyway. If you didn't really want my opinion, then why did you waste my time asking in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

askhole.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

"Not really, we rather prefer our time apart."

I called someone out on it and he said it was supposed to be a transitional question that led to further conversation. I told him it wasn't good enough and he'd have to come up with a better question.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I know it is nothing like being sent overseas for months but my partner and I have been together for 21 years and he has been a fly in fly out worker ( FIFO ), for all that time so I reckon we have spent at least 9 years of that time apart.

I don't like it when people assume we have a million dollar pay cheque and we haven't sacrificed to have what we have got.

Wait! What............?

The idea that everyone should train the same way.

That gets me every time.

Lots of fitness sites online are full of people who say you don't "need" to do conditioning to get lean, stretch, do any weight lifting outside a certain very narrow set of parameters, and thus loudly opine that those things should NOT be done.

That bugs me because there's a lot of stuff I just enjoy doing.

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

I don't like it when people assume we have a million dollar pay cheque and we haven't sacrificed to have what we have got.

People make the same assumptions about me because I'm an engineer.  Yeah, I make decent money, but not as much as people seem to think I do. Where does this assumption come from?

"Well, you've got money..."

"You guys can afford that..."

How do you know?  And even if I did, maybe I don't want to spend it (or as much of it) on whatever you're talking about.

• Like 2

That time I did 1,998 pull ups

"Take care of your meat wagon!" - Joe Rogan

Also, when you have to do a "group project" and you're the only one who wants to take it seriously. I want to leave early too, guys, but I also don't want to have to make data up when it comes time to write the report. Which is also a group endeavour.

Come on, educational system, this is not middle school.

I hate the overall ugliness, evil, laziness and uselessness of humanity and I can't stop.

If humans are just animals and we're just products of evolution then clearly the cause of humanity's varied behaviors is 100% genetic and we should employ eugenics to fix our problems.

If any of various religions are correct and mankind was created in the likeness of a perfect being, we should start actually cashing in on that potential and start doing our best to resemble said perfect being in physical likeness, moral outlook and level of individual talent.

I can't shake the feeling that humanity is supposed to be better than a bunch of shaved monkeys skittering around on a pollutant choked ruin trying to figure out whose ass they need to kiss in exchange for food and shiny things.

• Like 3

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

Also, when you have to do a "group project" and you're the only one who wants to take it seriously. I want to leave early too, guys, but I also don't want to have to make data up when it comes time to write the report. Which is also a group endeavour.

Come on, educational system, this is not middle school.

That's when I break off from the group and do my own, I'll take on the extra work just to watch them drown.... I find a bit of satisfaction in watching them beg the teacher for leniency, and the teacher shoots em down.

My first challenge

#7 on that list drives me batty. I drive a car that goes to battery mode in parking lots so I frequently end up creeping along behind people who walk out into the middle of the aisle without looking back to see if a car is driving through. Then I roll along wondering if I should honk my horn to alert them (and scare them or make them mad) or just keep following like a creeper.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

#7 on that list drives me batty. I drive a car that goes to battery mode in parking lots so I frequently end up creeping along behind people who walk out into the middle of the aisle without looking back to see if a car is driving through. Then I roll along wondering if I should honk my horn to alert them (and scare them or make them mad) or just keep following like a creeper.

Honk... definitely...

The amazing thing is I get this myself.... and I drive a diesel...

My first challenge

I almost got clobbered by Prius while running

I was st a stoplight. She was stopped right in front of me. I had the green, but she was making a right on red; she was ON THE PHONE, she didn't look, and I couldn't hear her pulling forward, as I stepped off the curb to run.

Now, I even MORE vigilant to be 100% damn certain that I make eye contact with whoever is in that lane before I move on; if I gotta wait a little, so be it

Q: Why is passing a runner [or cyclist] while driving a Prius like having sex with a deaf person?

A: They can't hear you coming, either

I've had similar, both on foot and on a bike.. on foot I can't really fault the driver, I was young and needed a quick lesson in physics. Now though, I'll go around the back of any vehicle waiting to turn, whether I make eye contact or not.

and I laughed at the joke... :-)

My first challenge