Forums are back in action! ×

Okay, so two days ago in the gym I was "max-testing" my pullups again. I've been training neutral grip more than pronated grip, using a mix of assisted pullup machines, negatives, and bands (at home). 12kg resistance is the lowest the machine at the gym goes, so I've been adding extra weight to the knee pad to get to lower... and with 9kg extra weight it felt easy (neutral grip). Same with 11kg. Then 12kg. Hmmm. Then 14kg. HMMMM. 

So I thought I'd done the arithmetic wrong, did my warmdown, and left. Go home. Still can't do pronated grip pullups, it's like there's a barrier just before my arms get to 90 degrees.

Then today I thought I'd just try neutral grip without the resistance.... AND I DID IT! And then I did another one! And then I did three more sets of two!

Came home, looked at the pullup bar, AND BANGED OUT MY FIRST PROPER PULLUP. 

BEST MONDAY EVER. I'm so happy I could... I don't know, DO MORE PULLUPS. 

Congratulations, that is something I am definitely looking forward to being able to do. If I were "normal" weight I could do pullups out easily, but I weight 320 lbs and use 100lb resistance bands. It's definitely my biggest goal to do, so I know how good you must feel. What a great way to feel like those 7 months of yours were worth it.

• Like 1

Congratulations! It feels great when you finally achieve something you never thought you're able to do!

I love pull ups too!

:highly_amused:

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.