Forums are back in action! ×

First six weeks!

So I figured I'd post the results of my first six week challenge:

My original goals were:

Main Quest:

·         Get under 200 lbs  (5'11')

I got to 209, slightly more than halfway but I saw significant (to me) changes in body composition. I found a BMI calculator and the figures are as follows:

WEIGHT/ CHEST /WAIST(at navel)/ HIPS/ ESTIMATED BODY FAT/ ESTIMATED BMI

BEFORE: 220 / 46 / 46 / 43 / 35 / 30.7

AFTER: 209/ 47 / 41 / 41 / 28 / 29.1

Lost 5 inches off the spare tire and all my pants feel WAY loose. I even had to buy a couple belts. I'm not ready to buy new pants because the weight quest is not over.

Side Quests: 

·         Strength train 3 days a week and walk/jog 2 (DId all except the week I was on vacation)

·         Try to stick to the Paleo/Primal Diet and avoid bread and pasta (which I love) (Was at least the 80/20 recommended on MDA) The biggest thing is getting my food schedule down to a habit and not starving then stuffing. I also don't crave sweets and breads like I used to.

·         Be able to do at least one unassisted pull-up (DID IT!) I can do one serious pull-up or a couple chin-ups. Next goal will be 5 pull-ups.

Life Quest:

·         To not be called granddad (at least not yet). I became a father for the first time at 40 years old and have already been asked twice if I was her granddad. ( I think a lot of this feeling will be when I finally but new clothes but I don't think the soccer moms at the playground think I'm a granddad when I'm swinging on the monkey bars or climbing around on the playground chasing my three year old).

Bottom line is I feel like I've got a good start to long term goals and I can't wait for the next challenge to start. I also never felt like I was missing out or dieting. Thanks to those that have supported me so far!

Kicking ass! :D

request-five.gif

As for the grandad thing, my dad was 40 when I was born and already had completely grey hair, so I know kinda how that feels. Don't let the ill informed grind you down! 

That's great. I hope you stick around for more :) We're all here should you need us

• Like 1

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None