Forums are back in action! ×

The Zodiac Thread

So, for whatever reason, the topic of zodiac signs, and how closely people fit theirs, has been coming up a lot in my daily life. I wouldn't say that the people around me necessarily believe in horoscopes or anything like that, but it's sometimes a little shocking how closely people can fit into their astrological sign's personality profile.

Me, for example. I'm a textbook Aquarius. Lovable weirdo, march to the beat of my own drum, head in the clouds (to the point of seeming emotionally detached), extremely intellectual (you want my number? Make me think, don't buy me a drink), independent to a fault. Need to re-charge by myself after spending lots of time around people continuously.

So, what do you guys think? Woo-woo garbage, eerily accurate, or somewhere in the middle? How closely do you fit your own sign?

As a fellow aquarius I can say that I fit right into my astrological sign. Now with that being said I know quite a few others that are aquarius and it really does not suit them at all. To me it just seems like they took broad personalities and said here is this personalities month. So you will always find someone who does fit the stereotype of their sign but you will find just as many who do not. Then again for all I know the planetary alignments might offer reasons behind this but I never got that far into astrology.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

I tell myself that I don't believe in astrology, and yet I find it fascinating, and like to categorize behaviours according to it. I guess this contradictory attitude is typical of a Gemini, haha!

To be honest, I never used to identify very much with being a Gemini, because it's in conflict with so many other parts of my personality. Then I tried out this guy, which gave me my natal chart:

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

Basically, what we usually understand to be our "sign" is just our sun sign. This is the position that the sun was in at your date of birth. Natal charts are much more complex, and factor in the positions of all the planets at your exact time of birth. Each planet rules a different thing... mercury is communication, venus is love, etc. etc. So someone whose venus is in leo might be very flamboyant in love, whereas someone whose venus in cancer might be very protective in love... even if they have the same sun sign!

So yeah. I don't believe in astrology... I just know all this stuff about it. >_>

• Like 1

Airbending Druid~

------o| Current Challenge |o------

Previous challenges: 1 2 3 4

I tell myself that I don't believe in astrology, and yet I find it fascinating, and like to categorize behaviours according to it. I guess this contradictory attitude is typical of a Gemini, haha!

To be honest, I never used to identify very much with being a Gemini, because it's in conflict with so many other parts of my personality. Then I tried out this guy, which gave me my natal chart:

Basically, what we usually understand to be our "sign" is just our sun sign. This is the position that the sun was in at your date of birth. Natal charts are much more complex, and factor in the positions of all the planets at your exact time of birth. Each planet rules a different thing... mercury is communication, venus is love, etc. etc. So someone whose venus is in leo might be very flamboyant in love, whereas someone whose venus in cancer might be very protective in love... even if they have the same sun sign!

So yeah. I don't believe in astrology... I just know all this stuff about it. >_>

This is exactly what I was saying when I mentioned planetary alignments. I only know of them in context but that is about it. Never really got to into it that deep to understand the planetary alignments.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Damn... that's actually a lot closer to me...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I'm a typical Taurus!! And I've looked into my natal chart and, honestly, it's so accurate for me :) ALL of it!!

And yes, astrology goes so much deeper than just your Sun sign. It goes much deeper than the bullshit horoscopes you see in the paper (bullshit because the people who write it are probably not believers or students in astrology). The degrees in which the planets lie, the conjuctions, oppositions, trines, houses, etc.. all of that play a huge role. It's pretty interesting stuff. If we can open our minds to the possibility I think, at the very least, we'd get some insights into our own lives and why we do what we do.

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

First Challenge !!

I'm 100% Aries, no doubt. I do know people who don't match their signs at all, though, so I'm not sure what to think about that. I've also done some research on other zodiacs, like the Chinese one, and I perfectly fit those as well.

I tell myself I only read zodiac/ horoscope stuff for fun, but I think there's a part of me that's totally into them!

Also HEYYY, fellow INTJs!

Personally I'd like to say it's a load is tosh, buuuut... I'm a libra, to a T. Can't deny it.

The only way I would say I disagree with it, is I'm definitely not vain (and I don't think this song is about me ;))

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Personally I'd like to say it's a load is tosh, buuuut... I'm a libra, to a T. Can't deny it.

The only way I would say I disagree with it, is I'm definitely not vain (and I don't think this song is about me ;))

First step is denial...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

This is true, but to be quite out of character I just wanted to join the party ;)

Depends on the party... drinking and music... meh... munchkin and fellow nerds... count me in.

• Like 2

My first challenge