Forums are back in action! ×

Vent/Rant of the Day

Today's vent is something I've been stewing over for a week or two and I'd like to get over it, since it's irrational, so here goes. I posted a status on fb asking for help with a friend who is a single mother of three recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis (for which she is undergoing surgery soon) and a rare form of bone cancer called osteosarcoma. She has begun her chemotherapy treatments, but they are an hour away from home so I got her a rechargable gas card. I told everyone that since the minimum is $25 to recharge, I understood if they didn't want to help, but if they wanted, I would give them the card number.

One person asked for the number.

I don't even know if he ever got around to putting anything on it. I asked him to let me know if it worked, and didn't hear from him again.

It's irrational because I told them I would understand if they didn't want to help, but I'm still upset that out of all the people I'm friends with that are all "love the world, let's help each other out" not one of them asked for the number or even said "I wish I could!"

Ugh...So! What's something you need to get off your chest?

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Hey Nedwin,

I understand your feelings of disappointment.  My only observiation is, that of your friends that are all "love the world, let's help each other out", a few may be "all talk" (hopefully not many) and others may have causes they are supporting elsewhere, while still others may genuinely want to help but haven't the resourses.  What ever the reason for their inaction in helping your friend, most people do not want to face the "failure" of not being able to help your friend, so will say nothing rather than "I wish I could".

Level: 2 Celt Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 4.25 Wis: 4.75 Cha: 4

Challenges: 1 / 2