Forums are back in action! ×

WHY is women's clothing so annoyingly transparent?

So I've lost a bit of weight in the past year - nothing major, but enough that I'd like some nicer fitting short-sleeved buttonup shirts to wear over the summer. I went shopping today and got... nothing. Every single button up I saw was either see-through or like 50 euros. I swear to god if my boobs were smaller I'd shop in the boys' section (it's cheaper, too!) but as it is it's pretty hard to.

I hate women's how so much of women's clothes is either transparent or super overpriced or both.

End rant.

Overpriced because styles keep changing, it's not like mens clothes where they don't change a whole lot from year to year so the cost can be spread over the life of the "style". I had read an article a while back on how they keep women buying new heels, one year it'll be skinny tall heels, the next will be fat tall heels, the next will be short and fat, then wedge... then they cycle through again. Men don't have that problem...

Transparent because women buy a LOT of those... I see white shirts/pants/skirts, and black bra/panties practically everywhere I go...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So I've lost a bit of weight in the past year - nothing major, but enough that I'd like some nicer fitting short-sleeved buttonup shirts to wear over the summer. I went shopping today and got... nothing. Every single button up I saw was either see-through or like 50 euros. I swear to god if my boobs were smaller I'd shop in the boys' section (it's cheaper, too!) but as it is it's pretty hard to.

I hate women's how so much of women's clothes is either transparent or super overpriced or both.

End rant.

I think its to get us to buy more shirts to layer.

Camis away!

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Meh, I'm the kind of girl that wears menswear-inspired button-ups, blazers and chinos all the time... and I still think it's overpriced. I've worn heels literally 5 times in the past 3 years, and that's just because I graduated and two cousins got married. 

Speaking of styles, have you seen that JUMPSUITS are actually in this year? I can think of absolutely nothing more impractical than a jumpsuit...

And yeah, I know layering is an option but really, layers are a fall/winter thing. In summer I want to wear as little as possible without my bra showing, why is that so much to ask? :(

You're one of the few that don't...

As for jumpsuits, that's just the cycle continuing, I saw the "Flashdance" ankle warmer thing not too long ago, seems to be on the verge of making a comeback...

Because you're the minority... :-) Maybe you could get a guys shirt, and have it tailored to fit.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Speaking of styles, have you seen that JUMPSUITS are actually in this year? I can think of absolutely nothing more impractical than a jumpsuit...

The think I never understood about jumpsuits is why on earth anyone would want to get almost all naked just to pee in a public restroom.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Half Sprite Witch Assassin

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

The think I never understood about jumpsuits is why on earth anyone would want to get almost all naked just to pee in a public restroom.  

You mean you're not supposed too?

• Like 1

My first challenge

Meh, I'm the kind of girl that wears menswear-inspired button-ups, blazers and chinos all the time... and I still think it's overpriced. I've worn heels literally 5 times in the past 3 years, and that's just because I graduated and two cousins got married. 

And yeah, I know layering is an option but really, layers are a fall/winter thing. In summer I want to wear as little as possible without my bra showing, why is that so much to ask? :(

HOW DO YOU PEE IN THOSE?!?!?!

• Like 2

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

You mean you're not supposed too?

Is this why I get wierd looks at the urinal?

• Like 4

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The same can be said for sizing and women's clothes. Most sports stores here in Aussie won't stock over a size Aus16. Those that do charge ridiculous amounts. Large people don't exercise in anything but Kmart or Target clothing apparently. Finding bathers and bras is a nightmare. I have been a size 18 shirt or larger all my life ( swimmers shoulders ) and I have to look like a toucan or a cow, all large woman do not like gaudy patterns and colours.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

I LOVE those transparent billowy shirts.... on other people. No way I'd ever go out in one myself. Oh no, I want my clothes to hide all that stuff that's going on underneath. I do NOT want to share my tummy fat/ love handles with the rest of the world thank you very much!

*shudders*

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

.... I had a jumpsuit.

Technically, it was a romper... It zipped up and had shorts and short sleeves. I luffed it. Super impractical, but fun in the summer. 

And I completely agree about see-through stuff. It's why I've invested in many colored camis!

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

I LOVE those transparent billowy shirts.... on other people. No way I'd ever go out in one myself. Oh no, I want my clothes to hide all that stuff that's going on underneath. I do NOT want to share my tummy fat/ love handles with the rest of the world thank you very much!

*shudders*

Damn...

My first challenge

Ugh, I hate transparent clothes! And I'm a layerererer but still. I hate when you layer like three things and you can STILL see through them because apparently when you call tissue paper "couture" you can charge $80 for it. I pretty much buy all my clothes online, too. Breaking up with fashion is one of the best choices I've ever made. I like my uniform...usually some combination of jeans, long skirts, cardigans, long-sleeved shirts, graphic tees, tunics, leggings, and dresses. And I own a pair of sneakers, a pair of flip flops, and a pair of mary janes. None of which have heels. Dressing up is fun but it's a want, not a need.

And OMG SevenofSeven, I feel you on the ridiculous patterns with plus sizes...ugh. That and if you get above a size 2x in the US all the clothes are short and wide, which does not fit me right at all. Suddenly the tops go from hip-length to waist-length-but-twice-the-width-of-my-actual-waist.

I love designing stuff in Achaea, my favorite game...I get all my clothing creativity out through that and then the lack of options in real life doesn't suck so bad.

• Like 1

Hope

LEVEL 0 | DEEP DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Backstory |  Facebook || Challenges: 

"Certainty of death...small chance of success...what are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Don't get your hopes up... There's a reason I want to hide that sh!t, the world will thank me for it ;)

If you're pictures are any indication, you got nothing to be ashamed of...

My first challenge

Well thank you, but I still haven't reached the midriff baring stage yet. It seems my belly fat still hasn't got the memo regarding the weight loss :(

I'm going on holiday in June and plan to be bikini (and maybe even transparent shirt) ready by then. If I can manage that then I'll post up a woot, complete with before and after shots.

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Well thank you, but I still haven't reached the midriff baring stage yet. It seems my belly fat still hasn't got the memo regarding the weight loss :(

I'm going on holiday in June and plan to be bikini (and maybe even transparent shirt) ready by then. If I can manage that then I'll post up a woot, complete with before and after shots.

Well good luck.. :-) and I can remember reading that belly fat is the last to go for women... could be remembering wrong, but it at least gives you something...

My first challenge

Nah, you got it in one there. It's the belly and the bingo wings that are the last to go. It sucks but hey... whadya gonna do bout it?

HAHAHAHA... Bingo wings... I love that term... I picture someone yelling Bingo!, and accidentally flying off...

My first challenge