Forums are back in action! ×

I'll take "Potent Potables" for $200, Alex

The Caesar Augustus by Williams Bros that I had the other night was really good. It was a toss up over whether to go for that or the Boon Doggle. In the end the price difference swayed me.

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

It's really not that hard, although it is kind of a lot of work and takes a bit of space.  But the analogy I like to use is chocolate chip cookies.  On one end of the spectrum, you've got your Bud/Miller/Coors.  That's the lowest common denominator of beer, sort of like Chips Ahoy or something.  Then you have your craft beer - that's the cookies from a bakery downtown.  Then you have homebrew - that's fresh cookies, right out of the oven, using your grandmother's recipe.  Maybe not light-years better than the bakery cookies, kind of a lot of work, definitely possible to screw up - but when it's right, it's really right.

• Like 1

Hey, a booze thread! Anybody else brew their own beer? I've got a black IPA bottled that should be ready to drink in a week or two.

I've home brewed a couple of times, just using the commercially available kits. You know the ones that come as a treacle-y, tar-y goo that you add sugar, yeast etc. But got to admit that they were pants.

There's a company recently set up in town making PROPER equipment for micro breweries and the husband was seriously looking into it. Bugger! THAT would have been fun. :D

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey, a booze thread!  Anybody else brew their own beer?  I've got a black IPA bottled that should be ready to drink in a week or two.

I've got a kit to do that, but haven't had the chance to sit down with it for a while now. I'd like to be able to make as much of my own stuff as I can, beer included....

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)