Forums are back in action! ×

New DL PR

Welp, 300 pounds is in the books!  

I did SL5X5 until week 10, where I switched things up to focus more on 1RM work.  4 weeks ago, I did my first 1RM deadlift: I thought that I had sharted out my kidney and had an aneurysm on my then 1RM pull of 260.  

But after some solid work on my program, I've literally added 40 pounds in 4 weeks on my deadlift, and my lifting buddy said that I probably had more in me if I wanted to go for it (I declined).

Feeling like awesomesauce. 

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

Current Challenge

Congrats!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Nice!!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Nice work!

I recently f*cked my back up (ok, bit of melodrama there, but it wasn't nice at the time!) with a 140kg deadlift - I got too cocky with the weight, and thought I had the technique down to a tee. Which I probably did at weights upto 100kg; over and above and my technique broke down. 

Anyway, now the backs all better, i've started from scratch on the deadlift - 70kg and no more than 2.5kg increments thereafter. By the time I get back to 140kg I should have the technique nailed!

Cheers

Karl

Nice work!

I recently f*cked my back up (ok, bit of melodrama there, but it wasn't nice at the time!) with a 140kg deadlift - I got too cocky with the weight, and thought I had the technique down to a tee. Which I probably did at weights upto 100kg; over and above and my technique broke down. 

Anyway, now the backs all better, i've started from scratch on the deadlift - 70kg and no more than 2.5kg increments thereafter. By the time I get back to 140kg I should have the technique nailed!

Cheers

Karl

Form check, bro!  Post your heavy lifts in the form check forum, to make sure that your form isn't breaking down!  I did it with my 275 two weeks ago, so I felt pretty confident going to 300.  I'll do it with 315 in a couple weeks as well!

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

Current Challenge