Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys! I'm Myka and I've joined the rebellion to restart my weight loss. In December of 2012, I decided to stop drinking sodas and the weight fell off! I weighed 300 lbs then and I'm down to about 195 now. But the problem is that I've been at about 195 since November. I've been eating less and working out more with little results. So I started looking for something real in which I can invest my time and nerd fitness seems like the answer. So many people out there are just trying to sell you something but this community seems to be genuine in its desire to help members reach their goals. I'm so excited to get started!!

• Like 2

Well you've made some great progress but with a plateau it means you have to shake things up a bit. Like start adding more weight to your workouts or increasing your speed running or cycling. The other is a hard look at diet. I know your off the soda which got you where you are now but is there more you can do there. The more detail you give the more peeps can help so dont hold back. Tell us exactly what your exercise is and start a food diary to learn what you eat yourself and let us know. You can do it and we can help.

• Like 1

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Hey guys! I'm Myka and I've joined the rebellion to restart my weight loss. In December of 2012, I decided to stop drinking sodas and the weight fell off! I weighed 300 lbs then and I'm down to about 195 now. But the problem is that I've been at about 195 since November. I've been eating less and working out more with little results. So I started looking for something real in which I can invest my time and nerd fitness seems like the answer. So many people out there are just trying to sell you something but this community seems to be genuine in its desire to help members reach their goals. I'm so excited to get started!!

First off, 300 to 195?! Eff, yeah! You've already come a long effin way, so give yourself a big effin pat on the back! (Admittedly, it's early and I have had no coffee, so my interjections library is running a little short. "Effin" is about all I can muster right now.)

Depending on your goals and height, 195 might actually be a good spot. But like Chris above said, it may be time to up the ante on the weights.

Also, try something new. Go in for a new sport that will challenge different muscles. Find a crossfit gym or a rugby club. Anything that will keep things interesting and keep you moving is great!

And welcome to the rebellion!!

Victory is not a destination; it's a process.

I'm 5'10" and I'd like to get down to 140-150, which is the medically recommended weight for my height. I started at 300 and I kinda like the thought of being half the person I was. My body type is still sorta flabby I guess but I see myself getting more athletic looking every day. I wouldn't say bulky though; I don't lift yet but Steve does make a good case for it in his blogs.

I've been thinking about doing something like crossfit but I don't know if I'm in good enough shape just yet. I've heard those are some serious ass-kicking workouts! But maybe I need to get my ass kicked! I've been jogging for the past 4 months and actually love it. I never, in a million years, thought I would like jogging!

I have been rethinking my food since reading Steve's post about the paleo diet. For the past week or so, I've been cutting out 80-90% of processed foods and sugar. I've been eating lots of veggies, lean meats and fruits and I feel amazing! My weaknesses are chocolate and red bull but I'm trying to limit them. I've been finding that the less I eat processed foods, the less I crave them.

I'll be tracking my progress over the next month and keep y'all posted! Thanks for the encouragement! Y'all are awesome!