Forums are back in action! ×

Finally ready for change!

I came across Nerd Fitness today and could definitely use some support as I start my quest to get fit and feel healthier. I'm 22, 122 pounds, 5'3", and vegetarian. I graduated from college last year and since then, I have struggled to remain active and eat healthy on a budget. Although I enjoy a lot of healthy foods, I can't seem to get away from the junk food (particularly anything with cheese or chocolate). This, combined with a sedentary lifestyle, led to me putting on several pounds last summer. Although I have been able to stop gaining weight, my slight weight loss efforts have only led to weight maintenance.

Yesterday I decided it was time to take my health more seriously before it gets more difficult. I am lucky to have a flexible schedule, but I don't have access to a gym and I'm vegetarian. I have set the following goals for myself:

-Jog or bike for at least 30 minutes per day (jogging--start with 1.5 miles, and work up to 3. biking--start with 3 miles, and work up to 6)

-Focus on clean eating (start by cutting out chips, candy, and most carbs while increasing my vegetable and protein intake)

I'll be starting a challenge when the next 6-week period starts, but until then, I'll be trying to implement these smaller goals. I'm aiming for small milestones because fad diets don't work for me and I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

I'm planning on starting a daily log so that I'll be accountable on here. Any suggestions/encouragement are much appreciated!

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion and good luck on your goals. I'll keep an eye out for you.

You could have worst vices than cheese or chocolate. Dark chocolate isn't that terrible. And cheese is good too in moderation - plus there is protein in them! I'd agree with cutting out chips and candy. And more vegetables is a big yay! For cheap vegetarian protein, I'm personally a big fan of lentils.

Well not having access to the gym just means go check out the beginner bodyweight workout and you can jog or bike anywhere. As for vegetarian protein its all beans, beans the magical fruit.

Welcome aboard by the way.

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole