Forums are back in action! ×

Starting on the Ground Floor

Hello All! *wave*

My name is Leann.

So, I've always wanted to be strong and fit.  This stems from my dad - he had a home gym and worked out in the basement a lot.  As a kid, I always watched him.  I thought lifting weights was awesome. Oh and between him and my uncles, I'm related to a goon squad.  Being strong was a positive thing, something I wanted to aim for.

Unfortunately, I never really established any routines/plans/specific goals.  Which translated to a little here and a little there but nothing consistent.

Then, I joined the military, Air Force Reserves.  I thrived in the structure of boot camp and honestly liked being there.  Same with my technical school.  Then, as a reservist, I came home.  I managed to keep fit, though not as much as I liked.  I needed the structure and mentally I couldn't provide it for myself.

Now, I am 1 year out of the service (8 years served) and just had baby #2 in September. 

I gained a lot of weight with my first baby and never really lost it all.  I didn't gain as much this time but it's still adds up.  The women in my family, with few exception, are heavy.  I don't want that for myself.

I want to be able to keep up with my kids easily.

Having my daughter was my mental switch.  I feel more organized in my life right now (which sounds weird since we just added the baby) and I also feel better capable of structuring my life the way I need to succeed.  I guess, I matured a bit.

So, I made a plan for going to the gym and got a friend to come with me.  A few weeks later I stumbled upon NF.  I don't remember how I got here at this point but I'm glad I did.  Seriously, my inner gamer-geek side was jumping up and down with my desire to be healthier.  Still does on occasion.

Now, we work out better at the gym because the plan has become more refined and structured.  While we didn't run around willy-nilly before, I feel more purposeful now.

Fun Fact: Inspired by the Role-Playing side of NF and the fact that I actually did LARPing for a number of years, my workout buddy and I are trying something new.  We are building a dungeon, complete with monsters and traps, that we progress through by working out.   Still play-testing but it shaping up to be fun.

My Goals, right now, are to lose 50lbs from my last weigh-in; add 3 servings of vegetables per day to my diet; and do 1 unassisted pull-up.

• Like 1

well welcome aboard for starters. Getting stronger is a great goal to have and I wish you the best of luck hopefully you can stick to your plan and make it happen.

If you ever get your dungeon going let me know sounds pretty cool.

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole