Forums are back in action! ×

Today is a new day!!!

My name is B4RN3S, I am a math teacher and tutor in the greater Austin area.  Over the past 5 years, my job has gotten more and more stressful, and as the stress has increased, so has my weight.  5 years ago, I weighed 180lbs.  Today I weigh 232 lbs.  I have hypothyroidism and a Carb/Sugar addiction (and another addiction as well).  I have 2 jobs to help support my family..  I usually don't get home most evenings until close to 2200hrs (That's 10pm).  I don't make excuses, but I just have to say this road has been hard.  I try to wake up early to go for a walk or go to the gym, but an extra hour of sleep has seemed "nicer" than the workout.

Today, I have not had any sugar to eat.  I drank my coffee with just heavy whipping cream.  I had an omelette with 2 eggs (organic) and cheese and sausage.

For lunch I had BBQ ribs with no sauce and no bread. Not sure what's for dinner yet, but I'll update later.

Anyway, that's me.  

• Like 1

KB4RN3S the level 2 Wood elf, Ranger 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 3|STA 2|WIS 2|CHA 0
Current challenge

"Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one."

~Bobby Knight~

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."

~Arthur C. Clarke~ 

Sounds like you are going to have a tough time with those two jobs man. I'm also not going to recommend loosing sleep to exercise that wont really work. Your best bet is to get some good healthy eating going (gotta start mixing in some veg there) getting the healthy eating up and running could then give you the energy you need to find time to exercise during your day.

• Like 2

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Tough to work two jobs, and gfeeling all that responsibility to support your family! I can understand that sleep sounds (at first) nicer than workout!

Your description of what you ate (no bread, nice omelette, heavy whipping cream in coffee...) makes me think you should check out the Paleo lifestyle. You can find a lot of good info on it here in the boards.

Losing weight only works it you don't have to go hungry, and Paleo can definitely help with that!

Good luck with you goals! :)

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Seconding the idea of getting enough sleep and eating well over trying to fit in exercise. "Abs are made in the kitchen" is a line that's thrown around these forums a lot, but it's a short catchy sentence you can repeat to yourself when you feel unmotivated. 

Two jobs would be highly stressful, which can actually make your body hold onto fat more then lose it, so making sure you're eating right and getting enough sleep (to de-stress and relax your body) will make a huge difference without you having to fit in any extra exercise. And once you are sleeping better and eating better you will probably find yourself with more energy (like the others have stated above me) and you might be able to fit in a bodyweight workout or a HIIT workout if you are really strapped for time.

Good luck, I hope you conquer all your challenges! 

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

How well did the first week go?

I just started a six weeks challenge last week and here's where I am 

First Week went ok.  I kept getting frustrated that I wasn't getting up and then was just too tired when I got hope to do anything.  More mental blocks than anything else.  But finally on Saturday I just got down on the floor and started pushing...I did 100 pushups (20, 20, 20, 15, 5, 15, 5).

Yesterday I went out for a walk with my daughter and my dog and walked for about 30-40 minutes.  There's a park around the corner and I attempted to do some pull ups.  I got a total of about 6 (3, 1, 1, 1).  I just felt weak. Or maybe I was still sore from Saturday.

KB4RN3S the level 2 Wood elf, Ranger 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 3|STA 2|WIS 2|CHA 0
Current challenge

"Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one."

~Bobby Knight~

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."

~Arthur C. Clarke~