Forums are back in action! ×

You gotta join the next six week challenge read all the posts about what to do and put something together that's clear to you just don't try bite off more than you can chew all at once.

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Two bulls stood on top of a hill, a young one and an old one. In the valley below, there were a few hundred cows grazing. Said the young bull to the old one "Come on, let's run down there and hit on a cow!". Said the old one "No, let's WALK down there and hit on ALL of them..." :)

I applaude your interest in marial arts, I've been active in them on and off for decades now, they are absolutely great! But martial arts are difficult to master, it takes years and if you are expecting results in weeks you will be dissapointed I'm afraid. Same goes for the six pack mate. It is well known that the fat around the stomach area is the last to go for men, and sometimes your stomach muscles do not show untill you are as low as 5% body fat (which is very very low I can tell you).

First, try to determine where you are now and then use your first 6 week challenge to set a realistic goals for your first 6 weeks, one of them of coarse is finding out which kind of martial art suits you best because there are dozens of them out there. Just go to the gym and have the resident trainer or physiotherapist inform you and take some measurements. That's what they are there for, and they will be happy to give you advice.

Then, if you want to lower your body fat percentage in order for your muscles to start showing, combine your martial arts workouts (which are usually short cycle high intensity workouts) with cardio vascular workouts (which are long cycle low intensity workouts) to maximise your body fat loss. Good luck and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me also.

SUCCESS IS A CHOICE

Hey Azarok, great to see another Aussie guy joining NF!

Two bulls stood on top of a hill, a young one and an old one. In the valley below, there were a few hundred cows grazing. Said the young bull to the old one "Come on, let's run down there and hit on a cow!". Said the old one "No, let's WALK down there and hit on ALL of them..." :)

I applaude your interest in marial arts, I've been active in them on and off for decades now, they are absolutely great! But martial arts are difficult to master, it takes years and if you are expecting results in weeks you will be dissapointed I'm afraid. Same goes for the six pack mate. It is well known that the fat around the stomach area is the last to go for men, and sometimes your stomach muscles do not show untill you are as low as 5% body fat (which is very very low I can tell you).

First, try to determine where you are now and then use your first 6 week challenge to set a realistic goals for your first 6 weeks, one of them of coarse is finding out which kind of martial art suits you best because there are dozens of them out there. Just go to the gym and have the resident trainer or physiotherapist inform you and take some measurements. That's what they are there for, and they will be happy to give you advice.

Then, if you want to lower your body fat percentage in order for your muscles to start showing, combine your martial arts workouts (which are usually short cycle high intensity workouts) with cardio vascular workouts (which are long cycle low intensity workouts) to maximise your body fat loss. Good luck and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me also.

I did Go-Kan-Ryu for a few years (got to red belt, if that means anything to you) but now I am focusing on soccer refereeing and gyming.

+1 for martial arts workout for short-cycle, high intensity workouts (e.g. kata's and sparring)