Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone,

I'm Derrick. 26 years old, Living in Toronto. I'm about 6'1 maybe 170 lbs. For 10 or so months of last year I was in a pretty good routine of going to the gym, however it was in the basement of the building I worked in. When I left that job, my routine and good eating habits crumbled. HOWEVER,I just started back at the gym TODAY after several months of being out of it and I'm very excited and ready to do things right this time. I've been reading the NF blogs for about a year now and decided that I might be able to hit my goals if I have some people rooting for me in my corner. I haven't been a part of a forum since I was in high school so I might be a little rusty haha. I was never an overly active person. Not that I was ever really INactive though. I'm an "extreme metal" drummer and I always figured that was enough exercise, but now I'm starting to realize that all it seems to do is keep me skinny and incapable of lifting heavy things. And I've been craving that constant feeling of happiness I had when I was working out. Additionally, I would like to be able to gain a little bit of muscle weight, fix a weak knee that has been bugging me since I was 16 and do a "Muscle up" on a chin up bar. I'm sure I will add to that list at some point, but it's a start haha.

As for "nerd cred," I'm a huge cartoon fan. I don't play a tonne of video games, but there are a few that seem to take over me from time to time, such as the Diablos and Mario. Also, I'm a big music fan. Everything from Meshuggah to Radiohead.

I guess that's it for now. Here's to continued exercise, healthy eating, and forum posts! 

• Like 2

Well your here now so your well on your way. There's loads of info around the forums on getting stronger so peruse away and join up to the new challenge starting soon. I'm counting down the days.

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Welcome on board.  Like Chris56Ryan said, join in on the upcoming challenge. You'll get loads of support and get to meet some of the other members.

Have fun!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I believe there will be a "sign up sheet" posted up in the "rules and FAQs" thread. I don't know if that's been updated for the next challenge yet, as the last one has only fist finished. Have a wee look through that thread anyway as there's a lot of good info. :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously