Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new here - hello everyone.

So in an effort to stop lurking on various fitness forums (fora?) that I'm never going to contribute to or feel at home in, here I am with my first post. This place feels right, from reading the various articles I like the positive stuff about free weights - most other places that are pro that seem inhabited by people who are built like a brick outhouse and just aren't nerdy enough (although one weight lifting thread on another site had a joke about Perl).

So, me:

• Who: Pete, 6'1", 75 kg-ish (? need to check that)
  • What: Just discovered Stronglifts
  • Where: Birmingham, UK
  • When: Been gyming with varying regularity for just over a year, Stronglifts started about 10 days ago!
  • Why: Would like to be stronger and a bit bulkier and lose a small proto-gut that is forming.

I'm moderately sporty, play cricket in season, badminton (although not for a while. club folded and it doesn't fit in right now), cycle to work often (4.5 miles); no good at any of them but enjoy it all.

Progress with Stronglifts is my current goal - it's nice to have a measurable "fitness" goal that doesn't revolve around running or weight loss as I'm not really interested in either, and when you read in mainstream media those tend to be the only goals that are put about. Both honourable of course, just not my bag.

First milestone will be squatting my body-weight (on the bar, not just me!) which, assuming I make steady progress, will be in about 5 weeks.

Cheers all

Pete

• Like 3

Great stuff Pete welcome to the forum. I hope you stick with it and have a great time. You have one good goal there for the next 6 week challenge starting the 14th with the squat, take a look at some of the ones just ending if you want any other ideas and join in the fun.

Don't feel like a 6 week challenge, or maybe just not right now, get yourself over to the battle logs and start up a thread where you can announce your progress and get al the cheers you can take.

• Like 1

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Yaaaaayyyyy!!!! Another Brit! Hi!

There's a fair few of us on here, and quite a few from the midlands. Check out the thread "Ok you Brits" in The Pub, you'll see who else on here is from our fair isle.

I think you'll fit in and soon feel right at home here. It's one of the most positive, supportive and most diverse online communities there is.

Also, if you like beer, whiskey and bacon.... Check this thread out.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46249-ferocious-fort-william-fall-festival-of-forceful-fitness-scottish-weekend-meet-up-3-5-october-2014/

I know it's a fair distance to travel, but should be a good weekend if your up for it :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Good luck with the goals man.

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

Yaaaaayyyyy!!!! Another Brit! Hi!

There's a fair few of us on here, and quite a few from the midlands. Check out the thread "Ok you Brits" in The Pub, you'll see who else on here is from our fair isle.

I think you'll fit in and soon feel right at home here. It's one of the most positive, supportive and most diverse online communities there is.

Also, if you like beer, whiskey and bacon.... Check this thread out.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46249-ferocious-fort-william-fall-festival-of-forceful-fitness-scottish-weekend-meet-up-3-5-october-2014/

I know it's a fair distance to travel, but should be a good weekend if your up for it :D

Hey Guzzi,

That looks awesome (I like all three of beer whisky and bacon!) but unfortunately it's about 2 weeks before... the due date of my first child!!! So all in all probably not the best time to be away unfortunately as I really won't have my head on straight!

Welcome! It feels pretty good to solidify your goals somewhat and be able to start charting your progress.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora