Forums are back in action! ×

I have a humble recommendation to whomever is making the teams: Put Raev and I on opposite teams :)

I'm pretty sure we are both going to be doing lots!

That will get interesting fast! :D

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

I guess I will jump in here, but whoever makes teams feel free to make me the fat kid that gets picked last (seriously).

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Woohoo! Looks like we've got enough people to make 2 teams! I've added a list of everyone to the top of this topic, and will update it as more people come down to join.

I'll update and expand on the rules, scoring, etc when the PvP starts, but if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to post them here.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

By the way, would you guys like to use the HP house names (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw), or make up our own for this challenge? If the former, which house would you like to be in, if the latter, let me know what name you'd like. No guarantees you'll get what you want, but your feedback is appreciated.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I'm indifferent on team name conventions, but I'm solidly Ravenclaw if we go with HP houses.

It may also be worth having "try-outs," for lack of a better word.  Something to gauge everyone's starting ability, so teams can be divided evenly.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I vote for house names. I'd be a Gryffindor or a Slytherin.

I can do 7 push ups in a set. But if we are doing 50+ pushups a day, my endurance stats are low and I would probably end up doing inclines some.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Woohoo! Looks like we've got enough people to make 2 teams! I've added a list of everyone to the top of this topic, and will update it as more people come down to join.

I'll update and expand on the rules, scoring, etc when the PvP starts, but if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to post them here.

See, I told you that is be last chosen! :-/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

OK All, to settle the 'Try Outs' debate, here's what we're gonna do. Between now and April 14th, each of us will do a 1 minute pushup AMRAP. (As Many Reps As Possible). Do whatever type of pushups you would normally be doing, or a mix of types. Whatever you want, but aim to get the highest Quidditch score you can in 1 minute. Post your results here before the challenge starts.

In case you missed it, here are the points values again:

• leaning against wall = 0.25 points
  • on knees = 0.5 points
  • standard pushup = 1 points
  • feet elevated (decline) pushups = 1.5 points
  • diamond pushups = 1.5 points
  • clapping pushup = 2 points
  • one arm pushups = 3 points

If your current workout plan includes a variety of pushups not listed, let me know and we'll work out an appropriate point value.

Finally, it's all probably a bit confusing at the moment, but I'll make up some nice, clear instructions before go-time.

Good luck! And may the Snitch be ever in your favour!

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Ever the bother. ...I will be dOing counter incLine pushups. ..a bit harder than the wall, but not as hard as the knee or standard. I think they should count as .375 :-D Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You're always making things difficult ;)

Alright, how's this....every 3 counter-tops you do are worth 1 point. You can round up/down for uneven sets if you like. Sound good? 

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)