Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

Just had to go to the printers so see them about pricing a print job for us.  Whilst I was there the MD of the firm walked through the office and shouted: "Hey Robocop! How ya doing?"  :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

this thread... even though I can't read it through right now

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

When my alarm went off this morning, I still had a pulse.

Good reason to smile for me.

And now just keep it going! :D

Smiling is contagious,

you catch it like the flu,

When someone smiled at

me today, I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner,

and someone saw my grin -

When he smiled I

realized, I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile,

then I realized its worth,

A single smile, just like mine,

could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a smile begin,

don't leave it undetected -

Let's start an epidemic quick

and get the world infected!!!

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Yesterday, I actually FINISHED something crafty.  I love crafting, but I have a problem finishing things.  For example:  a twin-size crochet blanket I started while on maternity leave after my daughter was born is not yet complete, and she'll be five in August.  Anyway, I've been laid up sick on the couch for the past few days, and, in between naps, started and finished a really cool project!  That makes me smile.  :)

It's a growth chart to hang in the kids' play room. 

10402920_10204007321613584_7941672763148

10354073_10204007322133597_2722281070005

I am also glad I chose a "rustic" project for my first wood burning attempt.  ;)

• Like 5

Yesterday, I actually FINISHED something crafty.  I love crafting, but I have a problem finishing things.  For example:  a twin-size crochet blanket I started while on maternity leave after my daughter was born is not yet complete, and she'll be five in August.  Anyway, I've been laid up sick on the couch for the past few days, and, in between naps, started and finished a really cool project!  That makes me smile.  :)

It's a growth chart to hang in the kids' play room. 

10402920_10204007321613584_7941672763148

10354073_10204007322133597_2722281070005

I am also glad I chose a "rustic" project for my first wood burning attempt.  ;)

reminds me, I was out looking at houses, and we were going through one, the power was out so we had flashlights, and I found a growth chart. It made me smile and feel kinda bad at the same time. Was a really weird feeling to be sitting there looking at what amounted to an entire family's growth over the course of few years...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Oh... and yeah... being able to write the following statement. Some may see it as a duplicate, if you visit the right threads...

"The good news... I am now the owner of a nice shiny new Bachelor's Degree... one specifically for Electrical Engineering..."

Final class was tonight... Graduation ceremony on the 27th of next month...

• Like 5

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

this text conversation with my mom (sherrie)... I had called her and told her (by voicemail) that a song (rolling on the river) came on and made me think of something in high school and I was just laughing my head off.... and she sends me back

Mom: I still have the post card that larry sent me @some day we will look back on this and laugh@ and here we are laughing... thanks and we re. . Rollin . . Rollin on the river! Love mom

me: I thought you would save it and twenty minutes later Sherry baby came on!

mom: ok 8675309! lol

me: you know I am a rambling (wo)man!

mom: Rollin down highway 41! Trying to make a living and doing the best I can :) over Afton ha ha

[Afton is the mountain I drive over to get to work]

it continues for about 15 messages :D

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Oh... and yeah... being able to write the following statement. Some may see it as a duplicate, if you visit the right threads...

"The good news... I am now the owner of a nice shiny new Bachelor's Degree... one specifically for Electrical Engineering..."

Congratulations!!! :)

Thanks to some online donations from Facebook friends, my son's "Walk To Fight Arthritis" team is back in first place for our region, and I counted up the donation box I set up in my office, and that's going to LAUNCH us so far into first I don't think anyone will catch us.  My son is very competitive with his fundraising. 

Thanks, world!

• Like 4

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Congratulations :)

Thanks to some online donations from Facebook friends, my son's "Walk To Fight Arthritis" team is back in first place for our region, and I counted up the donation box I set up in my office, and that's going to LAUNCH us so far into first I don't think anyone will catch us.  My son is very competitive with his fundraising. 

Thanks, world!

Awwww :) These both made me smile today :) That and putting my Hello Kitty microwave in my kitchen finally :)

imagejpg1_zpsdaabf2c6.jpg

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Stupid human tricks in the alienjenn household tonight... I've been laughing my head off... I'm about to post many pics on my thread... but a sneak peek

Posted Image

That's me planking with with zombie on my back doing sit ups... he's 95#... sorry for my suck form

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 4

Spoiler

Seeing this thread made me smile today. :)

And then speaking to a friend whom I haven't seen in two months also made me smile very wide. Should get in touch with lost friends! :D