Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

After a night at work... with a seventeen year old who just broke his back... a text from MY seventeen year old that said "mom I love you even though you nuts"

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 3

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

coffee.  coffee made me smile.

Word, bird. I was rushing around this morning realizing that I wouldn't have time for coffee when I remembered that I had an old French press in my desk drawer at work. I had just enough time to grind the beans and throw them in a container to take with me as I ran out the door. Mmm, coffee.

• Like 4

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

This made me smile :) That shirt was obtained from a Pearl Harbor Survivors meeting, it belonged to J's grandma who was a riveter during the war, we found it when we were cleaning out her closet, she never wore it.

Posted Image

I have fat fingers and Tapatalk isn't fat finger friendly, so excuse my errors :)

• Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

finding this when I got home yesterday

10487252_10202658376275474_4096428441493

my two legged girl wrote me a note... and my four legged girl hugged me while I sleppt

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

The elevator... because it meant I was going HOME from work...

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Spoiler

A story from "The Worst Gig" by Jon Niccum (collection of worst-show stories):

A Drowning Pool concert on a Sunday night in Salt Lake City.  The band's having all sorts of technical problems, but the crowd doesn't seem to mind. Just before the last song, the lead singer exhorts the audience:

"Let's hear it for heavy metal!"

ROOOAAAAAARRRRR!!! from the audience.

"Let's hear it for alcohol!"

ROOOAAAAAARRRRR!!! from the audience.

"Let's hear it for SATAN!!"

"..........crickets........." from the audience.

• Like 2

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Hahahaha, this was funny............well I thought so!

If I had a daughter I would so totally do this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NEcZmT0fiNM

*Flips open his notebook*

*licks the tip of his pen*

*Writes down a couple notes*

*Closes notebook*

Thanks, my poor kids... if and when they do come around....

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I enjoy watching So You Think You Can Dance... I'm by no means obsessed, but I'll watch it when it's on. There's one routine though that ALWAYS makes me smile when I see it.. it's probably the best one in all the seasons for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyWzC7df-0

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Or with the merciless chilis of Quetzalcoatl Tenango...

Hi, Homer.  Find your soulmate!

Neither me nor my wife can make chili without referencing this ENTIRE EPISODE.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

(Too much) of the interaction I had with my children growing up was trading dialog from the show :)

(Too much) of the interaction I have with my wife is trading dialogue from the show.  With my KIDS, we speak entirely in Adventure Time and Samurai Jack references.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

This happened a couple days ago but I went to hooters with some friends and out hula hooped one of the girls, she had to kick and smack it down to get me to stop

That. Is. Awesome!!!!! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously