Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

This:

http://www.upworthy.com/they-gave-each-kid-a-barbie-and-a-doll-with-real-proportions-what-they-say-next-really-says-it-all?c=ufb1

It's so nice to see children respond positively to a realistically proportioned doll.

• Like 1

Level 1 - Were-gator

STR .8 | STA 3.1 | DEX .9 | CON .7 | WIS 2 | CHA .9

1st Challenge

Main goal - 12/15/14 - Get to 175 pounds from 195 pounds.  Currently at 184.5

52.5%
52.5%

No soda challenge - 12/15/14 - 99 days and counting to 180.

55%
55%

"Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once." - unknown

we went to the gym today and my youngest son was lifting and was kinda sad that he had to use the little bar (35# versus 45#) until he realized that 40# was 40% of his weight... and then when we added up his weight after we got home and in all his reps he lifted 3690#... his little happy dance just made me so happy :D

• Like 5

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I volunteered for Stuff the Bus today, unloading the buses...and so I got in a great physical workout and helped people at the same time :) 

That and both of my kids were really hard workers the entire time we were there...and I was really proud of them! 

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

... I hit my goal.

A big part of me never really thought I could raise $2,000 in a month for a silly children's book, with only ONE piece of concept art, but with 64 hours to go I crossed the finish line, and secured a deal with an incredible artist. I'm a little awestruck by the world right now. 

• Like 7

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

... I hit my goal.

A big part of me never really thought I could raise $2,000 in a month for a silly children's book, with only ONE piece of concept art, but with 64 hours to go I crossed the finish line, and secured a deal with an incredible artist. I'm a little awestruck by the world right now. 

Awesome!!!! Great idea, you are raising an amazing kid! And good for you to act on such an inspired moment! 

• Like 1

... I hit my goal.

Hahahaha! Now you have to write my a "hand written thank you note". And it had better be a good one!!!!!

And I want kisses on the end! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

... I hit my goal.

A big part of me never really thought I could raise $2,000 in a month for a silly awesome children's book, with only ONE piece of concept art, but with 64 hours to go I crossed the finish line, and secured a deal with an incredible artist. I'm a little awestruck by the world right now.

ftfy

Does that mean no more funding is needed or that you just have the minimum?

and YAY!! It makes me smile too :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Technically no more is needed, but anything extra can be used to expand the run to more than the initial 100 copies, help me make a bigger presence! Maybe get some higher-quality paper and covers, too. 

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Hahahaha! Now you have to write my a "hand written thank you note". And it had better be a good one!!!!!

And I want kisses on the end! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a yearbook style love note inside my book! ;) Since we are making demands and all!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

So the government has been lying to us about dragons? I want to see a dragon.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

My own on-topic...

When you get home from the gym, strip off the shirts and it hits the ground like a side of beef because it CANNOT hold any more sweat.  I feel like I accomplished something.

since when do we EVER stay on topic??

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

My Secret Santee makes me smile today, and thinking about Thrillho sweaty and shirtless....

(well ok, most of the men around here, because brains are sexy, and shirtless brains...mmmm...)

oh AND I did a 34 second plank AND I'm making chocolate lasagna from scratch for Thanksgiving dessert (like making my own whipped cream and homemade gf oreos and homemade pudding) because I can :D

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Wait, chocolate lasagna? Could you send me your address? I must have accidentally deleted the email you sent me inviting me over for dessert tomorrow.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP