Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

It's two points - one for being cheeky and one for not warning Neville not to add porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire. 

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Haha I just sent Talvi a private message with two, in case I was allowed a second guess lol.  I forgot about the "cheeky" one.  The msg and this post have the same time stamp...hmm....

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

PHOTOFINISH!!!!!!

I received NerdFitness email notifications at 19:40:15 and 19:40:03, but with a 12 second lead......

Chris-Tien Jinn catches the snitch!!!

The correct answer was 2 points (in the book).

Congratulations Gryffindor, your team has earned a bonus 100 points!

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Wow!!!  I had to go pull out my daughter's copy of the book and flip through it - and was surprised at how much happens before that first awful class with Snape!!  

• Like 2

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

Congratulations to Chris-Tien Jinn for catching the Snitch! That's 100 points for Gryffindor!

I've updated the spreadsheet, so all totals should be current. Let me know if I missed any points.

1 more day left in the games for this week, so time to pull out all the stops!

@ShotgunSally, We have a couple drop-outs this week, so I'll be happy to rotate you in for next week. The next game starts on Monday...you keen? To enter, you'll need to to complete a 60 AMRAP set. This means do as many pushups as you can in 60 seconds. You can use any of the variations on the first post of this thread, and use the points values to add up your total. Let me know if you need help with this.

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I did another 90 kneeling pushups today for a total of 390 this week.  195 points/15  * 10 should get me up to 130 normalized points, right?

And I shall think hard on a good trivia question this weekend .....

For Gryffindor!!!

As a Slytherin I probably shouldn't be questioning this, but I seem to have acquired some extra bonus points beyond what I have reported.

As of Wednesday (I didn't report today)) I should have 312.5 points unadjusted.

Not sure where the extra points came from. Not that I won't be willing to take them ;) 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

As a Slytherin I probably shouldn't be questioning this, but I seem to have acquired some extra bonus points beyond what I have reported.

As of Wednesday (I didn't report today)) I should have 312.5 points unadjusted.

Not sure where the extra points came from. Not that I won't be willing to take them ;) 

Oops, looks like I double-did them. All fixed now. Thanks for your honesty. +1 House point to Slytherin ;)

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Wed: 0 (sorry team)

Thurs: 66 knee pushups = 33 standard/11 AMRAP = 30pts

Week total thus far: 90

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Yay Mitch!!!  Btw, I love that you are a tackle hug enthusiast.   Your avatar makes me think that there is some degree of ninja-like stealth to your violent hugs too.... and that just makes it all the better :D

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Maybe you could sub for me? I can't play because of my wrist and Gryffindor could use another player! Dawsy?

That'd be sweet but I gotta figure out what's going on and what I'm doing :S I'll read through the whole thread tonight :D

@ShotgunSally, We have a couple drop-outs this week, so I'll be happy to rotate you in for next week. The next game starts on Monday...you keen? To enter, you'll need to to complete a 60 AMRAP set. This means do as many pushups as you can in 60 seconds. You can use any of the variations on the first post of this thread, and use the points values to add up your total. Let me know if you need help with this.

I'll give my 60 AMRAP a go this weekend and see where I stand :D I'll try to recruit my boyfriend too if you need the bodies! I know his body needs the pushups, lol!

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

That'd be sweet but I gotta figure out what's going on and what I'm doing :S I'll read through the whole thread tonight :D

Ping me if you need any clarification. The rules, etc are all on the first post in this topic, so hopefully they should be clear enough. 

In a nutshell, just do whatever variation of pushups you want, figure out how many points that gives you using the conversion list on the first post, then post your totals here, and I'll use the magic spreadsheet to do the rest. 

:)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)