Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

That sux mate. Just keepe RICEing it up, and follow the physio's lead. Might have to start doing some one-arm pushups now ;)

It's crossed my mind, if it was my left I might even be able to get one or two out with the right but my left arm will be too weak I think. 

Possible compartment syndrome  :nightmare: going back Monday, we'll see.  Anyway at the Mariners game in Parra this eve so I'll imbibe some amber healing potion and see if that helps :tongue:

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

It's crossed my mind, if it was my left I might even be able to get one or two out with the right but my left arm will be too weak I think. 

Possible compartment syndrome  :nightmare: going back Monday, we'll see.  Anyway at the Mariners game in Parra this eve so I'll imbibe some amber healing potion and see if that helps :tongue:

Jeebus mate, I hope not! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Take some time off, and relax. I'm putting you on injury waiver for the time being until you get the all-clear.

Between you, Mad Hatter and Yuen, it looks like the Sydney meetup crew are cursed! (yikes!)

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Possible compartment syndrome :nightmare: going back Monday, we'll see. Anyway at the Mariners game in Parra this eve so I'll imbibe some amber healing potion and see if that helps :tongue:

Wow, that does not Look Fun! Praying this is nothing that serious!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Hello team! I'm sorry to disappear last week, my flu advanced to a truly scary place. The good news is I'm better! I headed back to the gym today, and I'll participate in the next game starting Monday.

I'm about 160 posts behind on this thread, so I'm sure there is stuff I have missed. I am trying to go back and get caught up!

• Like 3

Every man, no man.

Spirit level 2

STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 2 WIS - 4 CHA - 2

Worked from home = allowed to do push ups throught the day. My body hates you all....

132 knee push ups = 66 standard/AMRAP = 60 points

Week total thus far: 150 pts

06eba678641ea9c2a157892aedc7304d.jpg

• Like 5

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

The equation for the Hufflepuff total is wrong (imo)

=max(0,sum(J11:J13)-J28-J24)

should be

=max(0,sum(J10:J14)-J28-J24)

Or more likely, I don't understand the scoring/totalling...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

The equation for the Hufflepuff total is wrong (imo)

=max(0,sum(J11:J13)-J28-J24)

should be

=max(0,sum(J10:J14)-J28-J24)

Or more likely, I don't understand the scoring/totalling...

Pay no attention to the formula behind the curtain. It's just an indicator and doesn't take into consideration beater points. I'll post the official final scores this afternoon ;)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

The Game 2 results are in!

These results will be used in conjunction with the next 3 games to determine which teams will play in the Cup final. The two teams with the most games won will play each other. In the case of a tie, the team with the most points will be selected.

And without further ado, here are the scores:

Gryffindor Beats Ravenclaw 124 - 0

Slytherin Beats Hufflepuff 163 - 58

Congratulations Gryffindor and Slytherin! 

Team rosters and positions will be updated and posted by Monday US EST. In the meantime, your feedback on fairness, scoring, etc is appreciated, so let me know what you thought of the new scoring system.

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

As a weak player, I do like the new system.  And it encourages me to try harder and do more during the day.  I'll be interested to see how much I've improved over 6 weeks. 

• Like 4

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

As a weak player, I do like the new system.  And it encourages me to try harder and do more during the day.  I'll be interested to see how much I've improved over 6 weeks.

Week player my ***.

Nice job last week. I need to step up. Sorry Hufflepuff team mates. I will do better this week.

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Ping me if you need any clarification. The rules, etc are all on the first post in this topic, so hopefully they should be clear enough. 

In a nutshell, just do whatever variation of pushups you want, figure out how many points that gives you using the conversion list on the first post, then post your totals here, and I'll use the magic spreadsheet to do the rest. 

:)

I just did my 60 AMRAP and I pumped out 17 standard pushups and I didn't see this on the list but 3 star pushups (legs spread apart, hands under shoulders)... 

• Like 2

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

I just did my 60 AMRAP and I pumped out 17 standard pushups and I didn't see this on the list but 3 star pushups (legs spread apart, hands under shoulders)...

Oh no. .. another robot!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Nice work! I'd give those the same rating as Diamond pushups...1.5 points each, brining your AMRAP score to 21.5.

The sorting hat places you in....GRYFFINDOR!

Welcome aboard! 

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Welcome, Players, to the Second Game of the regular season. This week, we have 2 games for you:

1. Gryffindor vs Slytherin
  2. Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw

Team members:

Teams

Gryffindor

• @Anim07734 Keeper
  • @ChristArtist Beater
  • @Chris-Tien Jinn Chaser
  • @MadHatter injured
  • @Phylanx Chaser
  • @ShotgunSally (New player!) Chaser

Hufflepuff (extra player, so top 3 Chasers' points are used)

• @Yuen  Chaser
  • @the25R Beater
  • @Chillkröte Keeper
  • @T2sarahconnor  Chaser
  • @wildross  Chaser
  • @Guzzi Chaser

Ravenclaw

• @ohlemontine Beater
  • @Batwoman  Chaser
  • @BarefootDawsy  Chaser
  • @Raev  Chaser
  • @Endor injured
  • @Barfly (New player!) Keeper

Slytherin

• @AlexCold Keeper
  • @Elastigirl  Chaser
  • @Mitch Dee Beater
  • @ORazor  Chaser
  • @Talvi  Chaser

Remember, a running total of points can be viewed on the official NF Quidditch Spreadsheet, but please post your point totals in this thread so that everyone can se how awesome you are!

TWEEEEET!!!!!!!!!! Let the game begin!

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

By the way, as of this week, if your situation has changed and you're injured, sick, etc (or if you turned on Beastmode), you can re-do your AMRAP at the start of each week to allow for a score adjustment.

As a rough indication, a balanced AMRAP should give you between 100-200 points overall for a good week's work. Feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)