Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

I vaguely recall reading you'd done this before somewhere, was it a push up challenge before or do you change it up and hammer a different muscle group every challenge, like do a sit up challenge then a squat challenge or something?

Last challenge, there was some PvP for pushups scout vs something other than scout....

Endor jumped ship...and Dawsy created this!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

And another 100 knees, bringing my total for today to 200, all knees. I can't remember if I posted earlier or not :confused:

I haven't quite worked out the scoring, could someone work that out for me so I can see how it's done? My AMRAP was 20 knees. :)

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

And another 100 knees, bringing my total for today to 200, all knees. I can't remember if I posted earlier or not :confused:

I haven't quite worked out the scoring, could someone work that out for me so I can see how it's done? My AMRAP was 20 knees. :)

OK, so I have you at 200 knees for Monday plus 200 for tuesday = (200+200)/2 = 200 points. AMRAP adjustments is done automagically on the spreadsheet, but if you want to check it for yourself, just divide your points by your AMRAP (which for you is 10) and multiply by 10.

You're lucky though...your AMRAP is the same as the multiplier, so your points score will always match your adjusted score anyways. 

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I vaguely recall reading you'd done this before somewhere, was it a push up challenge before or do you change it up and hammer a different muscle group every challenge, like do a sit up challenge then a squat challenge or something? 

There have been a bunch of challenges like this over the years. Last challenge was, as someone mentioned above, a straight-forward pushup challenge. Way back in the old days though, we used to do themed challenges like this all the time. There were some good ones like walking to Mordor (using the 'official' mileage), crossing Antarctica, fighting zombies, etc. 

It's fun mixing the theme with the PvP :)

I'm already planning the next one (with much simpler scoring!)

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Today .... 90 knee pushups for 45 points or 30 normalized points for Gryffindor.

Add yesterdays 120 knee pushups for 60 points for 40 normalized points .....  70 points for this Gryffindor chaser this week. 

(must catch Slytherin .....)

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

SNITCH!!!

l_snitch01_prph_hpe3.png

The Snitch has been spotted during the RAVENCLAW VS HUFFLEPUFF match.

The first member of one of these teams to answer the following question correctly will catch the Snitch and score their team a cool 100 points!

" In the BOOK The Order of the Phoenix, how many Educational Decrees were in force (passed by Cornelius Fudge)?"

Good luck!

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

We have a WINNER!!!!!  Congrats, Barfly!

• Like 2

300 more standard push-ups today.

I think my AMRAP needs adjusting?

300 pushups? You're a beast man, you deserve bonus points for being awesome when you're not playing against my team :D 

• Like 1

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

100 regular = 100 pts

260 decline = 390 pts

Total: 490 pts

Is this in one day?!?!?!?!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Mon:

22 (6, 6, 5, 5)standard = 22/11= 20 points

22 (11, 11) knee/2 = 11/11 - 10 pts

total= 30 pts

Tues:

44 (11, 11, 11, 11) Knee/2 = 22/11 = 20 pts

11 standard = 10 pts

total= 30 pts

Weekly total thus far: 60 pts

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge