Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

10 decline pushups for DA!

Well done Chris!  Diamonds and declines unlocked!

Ok, so I wanted to finish big, but I had a social engagement. I kept excusing myself to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes to do declines with my feet on the edge of the tub.

Some smartass asked "what are you doing in there, haha?".

Me, deadpan: "push-ups"

450 declines for Dumbledore's Army.

Finished at 20:58 pdt

This pleases me :P

• Like 2

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

And so the final tally for week 6 is…

251 vs 477 points

The Inquisitorial Squad wins!!!

129360840163s.jpg

"The Inquisitorial Squad, Granger. A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, hand-picked by Professor Umbridge. Anyway, members of the Inquisitorial Squad do have the power [now]"

Congratulations everyone!!!

Level 11 Morgana Scout

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

The end overall results of the first NF Pushup Quidditch cup are….

Slytherin: 4 wins

Gryffindor: 2 wins

Hufflepuff: 2 wins

Ravenclaw: 0 win

slytherin_wins__by_albinonial-d56r07y.jp

Rest assured, there is going to be none of this funny business with awarding Gryffindor extra points last minute....

07584a184c31dce662e4862273808fd86288e1c0

Anyways - Congratulations and thanks for playing! 

Great work to everyone for all the push-ups, the consistency, in some cases the determination to play in the face of injury, the teamwork and the Potter banter! 

Looking forward to future PvPs after this :D

Level 11 Morgana Scout

Thanks Barefoot Dawsy and Talvi for your moderator work on this. It was fun cheering and competing with everyone.

As for the Slytherin win

tumblr_ls0ei3SOI81qafrh6.jpg

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Congrats, Slytherpuff!  I have now gained two new versions of self-torture. 

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thank you, everybody. It was a lot of fun!

My team may have lost, but I gained a nemesis. After all every superhero needs an evil genius - or vice versa (I'm looking at you, Elastigirl) ;)

503496259_1076040.gif

• Like 3

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Lot of fun though I didn't contribute as consistently as I intended. Pushups are good for what ails you...right up there with squats.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

My new AMRAP was 39 (up by 1 pushup) yesterday morning, but it didn't feel like a good set so I may have to try again and see if I can hit 40+.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

At challenge beginning my amrap for regular pushups was 14. It is now 20

For HIndu it was 12 (that's reps not points) and challenge end was 15

• Like 3

Wow guys, great finish! Sorry for not being around to see it through. Congrats to all of you! I'm very impressed at how well everyone did, and how much awesome there is in the room.

Thanks again for keeping the challenge alive and putting in so much effort.

Here's looking to see you all for the next one!

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Would be cool if we could do a different exercise each week, I got bored of doing push ups every week....

A bit late, but my brain immediately went "TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT" (Squats/Pushups/Planks) :P

• Like 2

Level 11 Morgana Scout

A bit late, but my brain immediately went "TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT" (Squats/Pushups/Planks) :tongue:

Fun.Like the idea! But what about pull ups (can be rows for those who can't do pulls) instead of planks. Planks in large numbers are pretty much a waste of time.

• Like 1

I don't know what a triwizard tournament means but it sounds like fun :D

I just don't understand how!!!!  :tongue:

Fun.Like the idea! But what about pull ups (can be rows for those who can't do pulls) instead of planks. Planks in large numbers are pretty much a waste of time.

Fair enough on the planks.   Are there enough variations of rows and pull-ups for everyone?   Perhaps, lunges?   What else is there....

Level 11 Morgana Scout

A bit late, but my brain immediately went "TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT" (Squats/Pushups/Planks) :tongue:

OMG YES. Let's do this next! 

Squats, lunges, push-ups, triceps dips, burpees? Just throwing some ideas!

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda